New Axe-Fx III Not Working On Some Presets?

gigawatt

Experienced
OK, I just hooked up my new 3 (yaaayy) and ran into a couple problems.

1st. I couldn't get any signal out of the headphone jack, where is its output control?
I'm also plugged into an interface between Axe and speakers so I used its headphone out.

2nd. I was scrolling through factory presets and some of them had no volume at all. I accidentally touched something and it brought up the meters for all the blocks. I could then see the cab meter, last in the chain was only coming out the left channel, which I read is normal. However, he shunt after it had no meters, but all of the following shunts after it did. I haven't checked them all but at least 6 or 7 presets had no volume of the first 30 I scrolled through. I hope there's a Global setting I'm missing, otherwise it's going to be a real pain in the AXE to go through all the presets!

FYI, I have been reading the manual thoroughly and am on page 118! I don't remember anything o_O.

I kid... I did search for a headphone output but couldn't find it. The issue with the presets however has me baffled.

Msg to support sent.

Guess it's back to "open back" headphone shopping I go...

Last edited:
I was tinkering with the Axe last night hooking in a preamp and after a few hours I took my headphone cable from the interface to the Axe's headphone out and it was suddenly working. :) Still waiting on support to re about the presets.

Really? Did you submit a ticket?

Yes I did, two days ago. Mark contacted me once yesterday just before noon and told me to try reseting the system parameters, which I did. He said try that and get back to him, and after chatting with you last night and suggesting I tell him I need the factory cabs installed, I sent another email. ...and here we are.

Yes I did, two days ago. Mark contacted me once yesterday just before noon and told me to try reseting the system parameters, which I did. He said try that and get back to him, and after chatting with you last night and suggesting I tell him I need the factory cabs installed, I sent another email. ...and here we are.
You are supposed to interact via the support portal not email.

Mine was missing factory 2 cabs and M@ had me fixed in less than an hour of me getting my Axe FxIII. Started support ticket and gave him my phone number and botta bing botta boom!!!

Back
Top Bottom