New Axe-Fx III basic price - $1,999

Here in the UK you will have to cough up the equivalent of $2980, that's almost 50% more albeit with an extra two years warranty.

Yeah I try not to bitch about it because of course g66 is a business and for everything I've read about them they do a top quality costumer service and of course have to make a profit too. But I'm poor and not a pro and I wish the price would be closer to the direct price.

I paid launch price for the FX8, AX8 and bought a b-stock Axe-Fx III, knowing with certainty that at some point in the near future each one of them would be offered at a lower price than I paid. They were and continue to be absolutely well worth every penny.

As with any gear, it boils down to your needs or wants and what you eventually decide to buy and how much you choose to pay in order to fill them. Later price adjustments should be moot after that decision is made. Life's too short to wait for the perfect deal or regret a purchase.

Well...… I already have one! but I do wish I had a pair :p

Me too but I can’t think of a use case to justify it. Can a single FC control 2 units? If one was connected in the loop of the other whats the latency? How would you even design a working preset in Axe Edit?

If they were designed to combine seamlessly like some dual computer video card setups that’d be different.

I’m saving my pennies... now I have that fewer to save. I hope this price point lasts into next year as I’m looking to buy around April.

Me too but I can’t think of a use case to justify it. Can a single FC control 2 units? If one was connected in the loop of the other whats the latency? How would you even design a working preset in Axe Edit?

If they were designed to combine seamlessly like some dual computer video card setups that’d be different.

My use would be for playing outside the mancave as I don't really want to move that one. I suppose a dual setup could be fun to experiment with though.

I am shipping something to be sold on consignment since that seems to be a thing of the past around here......
Soon as it sells ill update to III meanwhile im still on 3.14.3 and q3 and need to catch up
still on Sierra thankfully but wish to try the new versions... and be current..
What is the footswitch for one cost ?

I paid 2500.00 the first week it came out. Makes me sick

You think you feel sick? I still have to pay almost $3000 because Fractal refuses to sell directly to me here in Europe.

Here in the UK you will have to cough up the equivalent of $2980, that's almost 50% more albeit with an extra two years warranty.

I'll gladly ditch the two years extra warranty and take my risks if I'm allowed to pay $2000 for a III. In a heartbeat. I bought obsolete equipment in the past with no warranty, I'll reckon its no different then that.

Yeah I try not to bitch about it because of course g66 is a business and for everything I've read about them they do a top quality costumer service and of course have to make a profit too. But I'm poor and not a pro and I wish the price would be closer to the direct price.

Like I said, I'll gladly ditch the warranty and customer service if I'm allowed to order directly from Fractal. I don't begrudge G66 making a profit, but this Fractal enforced monopoly seriously gives me very unfriendly feelings towards Fractal.

I paid launch price for the FX8, AX8 and bought a b-stock Axe-Fx III, knowing with certainty that at some point in the near future each one of them would be offered at a lower price than I paid. They were and continue to be absolutely well worth every penny.
Finally, a grown-up.

It doesn't have to be like this though.
I work for a dealership that sells high-end TV and audio from a well known European brand.
There's uniformity of price irrespective of where that customer lives whether it be in the UK, EU or US, and everyone experiences the same level of service.
If you pay £12000 for a TV system in the UK, you pay $15000 in the US and not $22500.
I know that G66 do a brilliant job and it is common for manufacturer to reduce the price on products over the lifespan of the product, but those downward price changes haven't been mirrored over here in Europe.

It doesn't have to be like this though.
I work for a dealership that sells high-end TV and audio from a well known European brand.
There's uniformity of price irrespective of where that customer lives whether it be in the UK, EU or US, and everyone experiences the same level of service.
If you pay £12000 for a TV system in the UK, you pay $15000 in the US and not $22500.
I know that G66 do a brilliant job and it is common for manufacturer to reduce the price on products over the lifespan of the product, but those downward price changes haven't been mirrored over here in Europe.
It doesn't have to be like this... agree. And it's been like this for I dont know how long.. thousands of years? It's about wealth and the standard of living I think. First, a person wants to be rich... but that only gets you so far. Then you want power. Then you want to use that power to influence and gain more wealth.
Why do we have wars? Because of our economies?
And in our case, why do we have 2 political parties that choose to hurt our country in order to to make people vote for thier party? Power.. like it's been for thousands of years. And why do they want power so badly? To influence wealth? So they become rich, so they can get influence to get thier children high paying jobs? So that thier families and future lineages also have wealth and maintain power to influence wealth and standard of living? So that the people of thier country also have higher standard of living? Because people are board, and they think they will be happier with material items that we use a few times and then pile into our atticks, basements, garages..etc And if they don't... what then? Live in poverty like they do in third world poverty stricken countries?
You see these poor countries, and everyone has a smart phone.. do they charge these people $80 a month for thier cell phone? equivalent to what I pay... or do they pay a small percentage of that? When they tell you its because of cell towers and coverage...etc.

You think you feel sick? I still have to pay almost $3000 because Fractal refuses to sell directly to me here in Europe.

I'll gladly ditch the two years extra warranty and take my risks if I'm allowed to pay $2000 for a III. In a heartbeat. I bought obsolete equipment in the past with no warranty, I'll reckon its no different then that.

Like I said, I'll gladly ditch the warranty and customer service if I'm allowed to order directly from Fractal. I don't begrudge G66 making a profit, but this Fractal enforced monopoly seriously gives me very unfriendly feelings towards Fractal.
How do you know it’s a “Fractal-enforced monopoly”? How do you know how the contract between these two entities works? Are you an international commerce and contracts lawyer now? You know for a fact that there was more than one distributor willing to market at the time the deal was inked? You have a vastness of knowledge on the intricacies of these matters enough to pass such a judgement? Or are you really just flailing around in the mud and throwing some while you’re down there?

How do you know it’s a “Fractal-enforced monopoly”? How do you know how the contract between these two entities works? Are you an international commerce and contracts lawyer now? You know for a fact that there was more than one distributor willing to market at the time the deal was inked? You have a vastness of knowledge on the intricacies of these matters enough to pass such a judgement? Or are you really just flailing around in the mud and throwing some while you’re down there?

I don't care how it came about, if anything that is irrelvant. All I know is that right now it exists and it seriously screws me over. You can quote legal stuff at me if it is or isn't a true monopoly by the legal definition but don't piss on my back and tell me its raining. Currently I have no choice as a consumer, Fractal enforces this and that makes it a monopoly AFAIC. That is bad, period! And people who do not suffer from it and get to enjoy all the fun deals that Fractal offers you shouldn't tell others who don't get it that's not so bad or that its not a real monopoly.

For the record, I have always said this is a very good product, and that Fractal's dedication to keep on providing updates even to obsolete products is outstanding. This puts them shoulders above other companies. But its sale policy sucks to anyone who doesn't live in the US. I noticed the same behavior with buildyourownclone pedals, who also refuse to sell directly to customers outside of the US. It's like US companies have this blind spot in regards that there is a world outside of the US. And if this is more widespread its no wonder that the 21st century will most likely be a Chinese century. Because they do look outside their own borders. By the way, in the case of buildyourownclone they at least had multiple European dealers, allowing a customer some choice in shopping for the best bargain.

Back
Top Bottom