New Axe-Fx II Firmware 5.04b released

No. The parameters will be the same.
It will only matter if the default parameters have been changed.

Got it. So if I dropped the damp down and lowered the speaker drive and raised the the motor on my custom presets those don't change back to default when I load the new firmware? I promise that was the last question. Way too much work/tweaking was put towards the last release for me to lose it all again.

Odd. I found that if I have a patch that I tweaked for 5.01, and with 5.04b if I switch the amp model to a different one, then back, and then set all the parameters back to what I had them set to, it is a drastic difference in tone. There are other nuances that have changed (to my ears) in the Amp Block, but I will not clutter this thread with it.

i'll let you know. I can compare side by side.

Got it. So if I dropped the damp down and lowered the speaker drive and raised the the motor on my custom presets those don't change back to default when I load the new firmware? I promise that was the last question. Way too much work/tweaking was put towards the last release for me to lose it all again.

Exactly.

Odd. I found that if I have a patch that I tweaked for 5.01, and with 5.04b if I switch the amp model to a different one, then back, and then set all the parameters back to what I had them set to, it is a drastic difference in tone. There are other nuances that have changed (to my ears) in the Amp Block, but I will not clutter this thread with it.
Drastically different in a good way? Changed in a good way?

Pretty much the same on the two I just tried.

I thought one was different but thn I noticed, I had one with the bright cap on :)

Last edited:
Wow when did .02 or .03 or .04a come out? I check this daily and seems I am missing updates. :) Downloading...

Pretty much the same on the two I just tried.

I thought one was different but thn I noticed, I had one with the bright cap on :)
Hmm... with mine, the thickness in the low-mids/lows is altered significantly on every amp. I noticed because when I loaded up the Legacy, it sounded lacking, comparatively. Then when I did the "switch, switch back" to other patches, including ones with only the Basic page parameters altered, the other amps came into line (tone-wise) with the Legacy.

With your reply, I must assume it is user error on my part. Very curious to discover what it is, as it is, as I stated, significant. (sigh)

Hmm... with mine, the thickness in the low-mids/lows is altered significantly on every amp. I noticed because when I loaded up the Legacy, it sounded lacking, comparatively. Then when I did the "switch, switch back" to other patches, including ones with only the Basic page parameters altered, the other amps came into line (tone-wise) with the Legacy.

With your reply, I must assume it is user error on my part. Very curious to discover what it is, as it is, as I stated, significant. (sigh)
I've got an idea. Why don't users with a "perfect" patch record a dry guitar performance, then just before the firmware upgrade, reamp that through their perfect patch, do the upgrade, hit edit on amp, switch to another amp and back WITHOUT touching anything else, and then reamp the dry track again.

Then take the two tracks, upload and let everyone listen. That should be fun.

This is the only way to have an objective listen - otherwise it's all subjective and is of very little use (and it gets a bit repetitive to read every time there's a firmware upgrade)

Okay, this 5.04b is a significant improvement relative to what ive been exploring, which is balance of tone (not too much brittleness or mud) when pushed. I just took some models and ran em up through the roof with master and trim cranked, yet they retain clarity but show no unpleasant brittleness. Then i removed filters off very low and hi freakwencies, still tone is pretty and clear, dunno how its possible but ah izz haappee (so much i don't feel compelled to spell normallee no mo. Thanks for ruining my spelling Cliff!) :)

+1. Sounds great, even cranked close to live volumes (the best I can muster with my monitors). Clear, yet does not rip your ears off at high volumes.

Thanks to all at Fractal!

Arrgh, I so want to update from 5.01, but I have a show tonight and no time today to tweak. *sigh*

Update to 5.04b will have to wait....

Arrgh, I so want to update from 5.01, but I have a show tonight and no time today to tweak. *sigh*

Update to 5.04b will have to wait....
Relax............................ Why would you want to update before a show?:eek: Just asking :p

Back
Top Bottom