New Axe-Fx II Driver for Windows (Public Beta)

I understand what your saying here. How would this look like through a DAW? My current understanding still tells me that Cubase can only select one audio device at a time. Or is there another way?

I'm not familiar with Cubase, but in Sonar, under driver settings you can choose ASIO or WDM. If ASIO is selected, you can then only choose 1 device (once you select one, the others will be grayed out). If you select WDM, you can select multiple devices without them graying out.

well,then i have to get the old driver back on my PC. I have to be able to do Back Up`s,hmm

I've just done a complete backup using the new drivers on windows 7 x64 32gb ram and it worked flawless.

However I've had the timeout issue before using the "old" drivers, and it usually occurred when there was a bunch of activity
going on in the background such as heavy DL/UL ... and sometimes it happened when nothing else was running.

I always got it to work though, usually by backing up 1 item at the time ...

My point is that it may not be the new drivers, since mine are working fine ... check your taskmanager after a fresh bootup
and then take 1 item at the time and see if that helps .. and close any ongoing process that seems to be "busy" / using up disc or cpu time

I hope it helps

//Kenneth

Really?! I still support servers with less memory...
had it for over a 1 1/2 yrs now made my own pc setup starting w/ a core i7 Intel 3930k cpu, got an Asus P9 X79 Pro mobo w/ 8 slots and loaded all w/ sticks of 8g Corsair vengeance ram.
got tired of crashes and stalls and having to worry how many plugs i can load

Hmm,to me i seams to be a bug in FW 15b

i loaded Axe-Fx_II_USB_Driver_Setup_168 .... and i still get Timeout Message :( on bank B.
I dont get it

Edit:
Newest driver again..

If i backup only bank A.. all is well
try to backup bank B... no go (my bank B is Empty,by the way)
backup bank C... all is well
Backup System... no go

Last edited:
From read me ... It's needed to unistall all FAS driver packages from our PC before installing the beta ...

Edit. Sorry .... I've missed your previous posts Seed ... My apologies

OSX is pretty good, to be honest I'm OS agnostic, I don't care either way as long as it works! I use Win 7 most of the time.

OS agnostic? Hehehe

Anyway, yeah. All other things being equal, both OSs are fine; it's the buy in that leaves me with no desire to head over to the Apple side.

But, I digress, I don't want this to turn into one of "those" discussions.

All,

We have an updated version of the Axe-Fx II driver for Windows. (This has nothing to do with OS X, where the driver is provided by Apple via the OS.)

This version is essentially ready for release, and we've decided to offer it as a public beta.
It contains numerous fixes and unofficially adds WDM support.

After successful installation, the following versions will be reported:

1. Fractal Audio Systems USB Audio Driver version 2.23.0
2. Fractal Audio Systems USB Driver Package 2014.06.06
3. Windows Driver Package 1.0.0.9

Download from:
http://fractalaudio.com/downloads/d..._Systems_USB_Driver_Setup_2014.06.06-beta.zip

We'll monitor this thread for Q&A.

Download!
Thanks,
haivacam

Tested fine with windows7 x64, axe edit and fractalbot, also with sonar x3, windows media player and foobar2000

help help & help...
I don't get this... I have 2 pc sone with windows 7 32, & the other with windows 7 64...

Loaded latest drivers for axe-fxII ( public beta )
Newest Fractal BOT
Newest AXE EDIT

Only want touse BOT & Edit for quick editing of patches...

The PC with 32 bit win 7 both BOT & EDIT work fine, but 64 bit PC ...no connection!!!!
EDIT shows disconnected...No "green check" next to axe-FXII midi in & Axe-FXII midi out
Same with BOT - after selecting AXE-FXII from devices - green check, but in & out ports ...no GREEN CHECK...
midi signals are working ok,
I cant stand it!!

What is wrong here??? I'm fairly good with data...
Any help will be much appreciated
Cheers
John Butler

Back
Top Bottom