New Axe-Fx II Driver for Windows (Public Beta)

Ok... I need some help: Win 7 Pro 64bit here!

1) when i UNinstall... the Axe must be connected and on?
2) from where must I uninstall... ok I know "control panel"... but from the program uninstall page or from the hardware manage page?
3) In the program uninstall page I see these entries: "Axe Fx II Driver v.1.67.0" and "Axe Fx II USB Driver 1.68" (NOT the "Axe-Fx II USB Driver INSTALLER 1.68" mentioned in the readme). I can't find the "Windows Driver Package - Fractal Audio Systems (axefx2load) USB"... where is it?

Please... need a step-by-step answer!
TNX

Ok... I need some help: Win 7 Pro 64bit here!

2) from where must I uninstall... ok I know "control panel"... but from the program uninstall page or from the hardware manage page?
3) In the program uninstall page I see these entries: "Axe Fx II Driver v.1.67.0" and "Axe Fx II USB Driver 1.68" (NOT the "Axe-Fx II USB Driver INSTALLER 1.68" mentioned in the readme). I can't find the "Windows Driver Package - Fractal Audio Systems (axefx2load) USB"... where is it?

Please... need a step-by-step answer!
TNX

1. No.
2. From Uninstall page.
3. "Windows Driver Package - Fractal Audio Systems (axefx2load) USB" should be there, in the uninstall page... If your OS is in a different language than english the name may vary. Sort by publisher and look for "Fractal Audio Systems" under Publisher column... You should find it.

Check #36

That's like taking away the toilet paper while you're still going... ;)

It's generally not recommended or possible to uninstall something that is currently in use.

If you have done that, you must be familiar with the warnings "Please close all programs first." etc.

1. No.
2. From Uninstall page.
3. "Windows Driver Package - Fractal Audio Systems (axefx2load) USB" should be there, in the uninstall page... If your OS is in a different language than english the name may vary. Sort by publisher and look for "Fractal Audio Systems" under Publisher column... You should find it.

Check #36

TNX Man! Yep... found! another language :encouragement:

That's like taking away the toilet paper while you're still going... ;)

It's generally not recommended or possible to uninstall something that is currently in use.

If you have done that, you must be familiar with the warnings "Please close all programs first." etc.

In the hardware mange page... you can... uninstall... deactivate... upgrade the driver... while the device is active :eagerness:
anyway... can't find that "toilet" device you mentioned!!! :lol
Is It USB?

In the hardware mange page... you can... uninstall... deactivate... upgrade the driver... while the device is active :eagerness:
Yes, but it's a "shitty" way of working :mrgreen

You must be the type that tries everything at least once? Don't tell us more! :lol ;)

EDIT: I spoke to soon

I get a "Massage Timeout" sometimes when resiving "back up truh Factal Bot" on the end of bank A.. and sometimes i get bank A,but the the Massage Timeout on bank B

So it`s not working for me.

Im on a PC with windows 7 64 Bit (latest service pack,all up to date)

Any others ??

Last edited:
Worked for me on Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit.

A minor nit. I had version 167 installed. I had to uninstall 4 items not 3 as mentioned in the readme.

In addition to these mentioned in the readme:

Axe-Fx II Driver v1.67.0
Axe-Fx II USB Driver Installer 1.67 or 1.68
Windows Driver Package - Fractal Audio Systems (axefx2load) USB

I also had to uninstall:

Axe-Fx II USB Driver 1.67

Not a big deal. Seemed obvious but wasn't mentioned in the readme.

Yes, but it's a "shitty" way of working :mrgreen

You must be the type that tries everything at least once? Don't tell us more! :lol ;)

many things... BUT NOT... everything :mrgreen

anyway... the driver is in... and the paper is in the toilet!!! :lol

For the less daring users out there, when this comes out of Beta, will it be a simple fractal-bot install, or will we need to go thought the uninstall-then-install routine? Will the instructions be covering *all* steps (including the one Barhrecords indicated is missing from the read-me file)?

hmm everything in the OLD driver working fine for me should I hold on installing the hard way>?

Last edited:
I get a "Massage Timeout" sometimes when resiving "back up truh Factal Bot" on the end of bank A.. and sometimes i get bank A,but the the Massage Timeout on bank B

So it`s not working for me.

Im on a PC with windows 7 64 Bit (latest service pack,all up to date)

Any others ??

I tried asio4all, but it increased the latency a lot. So it will be interesting to see how the WDM is.
It doesn't, set up your asio buffers to 256 or 128 if your computer is fast enough, i get barely 5ms latency with my AxeFX/presonus agreggated device at 96KHz (Yes the AxeFX is still 48KHz but Asio4All resamples on the fly)

Back
Top Bottom