New Axe-Fx 3 factory presets

Robb1977

Hi just received an Axe fx3 and the factory presets seem muffled. If I build a new preset with the same amp as the preset it sounds louder and much more lively. Is this just how the factory presets are?

You might try a soft rest of the amp block. Don't know how much it will help with every preset, but it's one of the first things I would try.
Cheers

The sound of any preset is going to depend also on the guitar and pickups that were used when creating it. For myself I found very few of the factory presets sounded the way I wanted to, but they were good demonstrations of various setups etc. I would consider them a starting point.

Thanks for the reply’s, hooked it up to some monitors rather than the headrush frfr and it sounded better. Must be the low volume in the house

I have the 12” it’s a great speaker. Used it with my AX8 too. I think the muffled sound was because I was using at very low volumes (didn’t want to wake the kids)
I’ve created some of my own presets now and they sound awesome through the head rush and the monitors

I was thinking about getting one or two headrush monitors, probably the 8". Which do you have? Does it only sound muffled with the AX3?
I have 2 8’s. I really like them but they don’t have the high end that my monitors do which I wouldn’t expect. I eq that output to put some back.

Back
Top Bottom