New Axe 3 Owner

After reading reviews (thanks everyone) in here and listening to some recording I decided to jump in for the III. I kept my IIXL and did my last gig last Saturday with it. I Love the axe IIXL, but I had to sell it to help finance the III.

I have to say for me the most important quality I am looking for is the sound and feel, the axe II have enough flexibility for me. I don’t do any metal stuff I am more fusion, blues rock, classic rock type.

Now for the axe fx 3, (after few days) I have to say (for me anyway) it is noticeably better than the 2xl in terms of sound , it just sound wider,deeper, tighter more musical, better string notes separation and I love the feel of “guitar amp” connection, for me it is definitely better than the 2xl. I tried it with Yamaha HS8 and matrix 1000 with Marshall JCM800 Cab with older Celestion speakers…I FEEL HOME when using marshalls amp block. This machine is crazy good. For those who don’t own axe fx III or the II, don’t think the II is bad, they are both amazing tools but the III for me is better and it will probably get better with time with further update.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom