New AXE 3 no sound...help!

Hey, just got my new AXE fx3 which i have been waiting over a year to finally get. I cannot get any sound out of the unit. I assume you can plug and play right out of the box? I downloaded all the updates and currently have axe edit running. My cord is plugged into instrument in and i have tried using headphones and running it out to my speakers. I have turned up all the output levels to max. Under preferences in axe edit there is a green check by the inputs so I assume these are ok...Obviousy there is no input signal or output signal showing.... Am I missing something? I feel like cryin...This is a B stock unit....I wonder if this was returned and never fixed?
J

Check the basics.

• Which input are you using for your guitar?
  • Have you checked all of your cables? Swaps?
  • Are you sure your guitar is working correctly? Volume, battery? Swaps?
  • Have you calibrated the input for your guitar into the AxeFx?
  • What firmware is on your unit?
  • Are there presets loaded on your unit?
  • Is power amp modeling and cabinet modeling on/enabled?
  • Have you made sure that the volume knobs on the front panel are at least up to 9 o’clock? (For the matching/correct inputs)
  • Do you see any flickering of the guitar signal into the axefx on the front panel?
  • Is it completely silent or do you hear any background hiss?

If none of this helps, you may want to contact FAS support.

Yes to the basics....I previously owned an axe2 w/o no issues...100 % silent....I already contacted them,,,,I have had bad luck..the last axe 2 I bought they sent me an Ax8 instead--that was a hassle...now this? UGH what a super buzz kill....

Yes to the basics....I previously owned an axe2 w/o no issues...100 % silent....I already contacted them,,,,I have had bad luck..the last axe 2 I bought they sent me an Ax8 instead--that was a hassle...now this? UGH what a super buzz kill....

I hear you ... total buzz kill ... but you know they will help with all expediency. The above questions are good ones.

Is the USB return level in the I/O menu at -40 still? If so, that could possibly be the issue depending on how you are listening.

Back
Top Bottom