New AX8 video - My Live Direct Preset/Tones

skyhighrocks

Inspired
Piggy backing this video off my previous video where I ran the AX8 for FX only through my 5153, this one is an update to my direct tones. I recently started using the amps in the AX8 and going direct to FOH. Was asked by a few people to show what I'm doing and what tones I'm using live. Besides going through the preset (scenes) and what fx I use, I briefly talk about the "audio gap" when switching sounds. Check it out!

Edit: I've uploaded the preset.

Attachments

• RA 5153 100 Watt CLR.syx
    12.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Nice video Rich. It's great to see how the Ax8 is working out for you. I enjoy your videos. Your band sounds great also. Takes me back. From an old Italian Brooklyn born guitar player..... :) Thanks

Sounds great! Let me ask the question for myself and the rest. Would you mind sharing the preset? I would love to try it.

Thanks in advance!!

Sounds great man. Question for you...When you say you're using IEMs and your CLR, are you micing your CLR or going direct to board from AX8?

I've been going direct to FOH recently with no amp or FRFR on stage and it's sounding good in my in ears, but definitely miss having stage presence.

Sounds great man. Question for you...When you say you're using IEMs and your CLR, are you micing your CLR or going direct to board from AX8?

I've been going direct to FOH recently with no amp or FRFR on stage and it's sounding good in my in ears, but definitely miss having stage presence.

I'm going direct all the time. The CLR is there for the band and to fill sound on stage and in case the ears go out.

Hi, how is the g10 performing in a live situation? I purchased one a few days ago but the salesman was a bit worried about using it live because there is no option to change frequencies.

Last edited:
Hi, how is the g10 performing in a live situation? I purchased one a few days ago but the salesman was a bit worried about using it live because there is no option to change frequencies.

It's been great. No issues so far whether it was 10,000 people or 200. If you run into interference, all you do is unplug from your guitar, put it in the base and then plug back into the guitar. It scans for a new channel in the base.

Hey Rich, great video mate, how about a video on using the Banshee? Could use some tips from setup, tube placement, settings and technique.

Hey Rich, great video mate, how about a video on using the Banshee? Could use some tips from setup, tube placement, settings and technique.

Never thought of doing that...it'd be weird because the thought of me explaining what to do with a tube in my mouth makes me cringe. LOL Not sure how I could do it and get the sound to translate to video well.

Back
Top Bottom