new AX8 Updates

coffee33

Hi,

Just wondering if there will be an updated version of the AX8 in the near future? The Axe-FX3 looks amazing but was wondering if Fractal has any plans to release a new AX8.

Thanks

Ok but do you read anywhere that there will be a new AX...? If not (as it is) that is the only response you need...
I would bet there will be. As to when, anything would be speculation. Looks like other lines from Fractal have had 3-4 years between releases.

Hi,

Just wondering if there will be an updated version of the AX8 in the near future? The Axe-FX3 looks amazing but was wondering if Fractal has any plans to release a new AX8.

Thanks
he said some months ago that the AX8 still a new product and there is no plan to release a new AX8 II or AX9,but with Cliff you never know..for me the AX8 right now sound amazing.

I would think that when they do a new version of the AX8, it will have a better screen, maybe some better navigation and onboard programming. I had a Helix before my AX8, and I will say the interface and programming was really good. What sold me on the AX8 was the sound. Then I also realized how better made the unit is. I would think most of us use the software to create patches, but when you at a gig and you need to tweak, the ax8 is a bit more geeky to adjust than other pedals. Its not hard, you just have to understand and know where stuff is. So for the first time in many years, I read the manual!! It is a MUST read if you own an AX8. There are things you should know that are not always the obvious.

It wouldn't bother or surprise me to find FAS leaving the display the way it is, and providing a phone/tab-based APP that does the GUI heavy lifting with zero limitations. Actually, that would be nice even without a new AX8 model.

he said some months ago that the AX8 still a new product and there is no plan to release a new AX8 II or AX9,but with Cliff you never know..for me the AX8 right now sound amazing.
I seem to remember Fractal saying something similar about the XL+ only a few months before the III was announced :eek:

Hopefully the AX8 will continue to be developed for another few years. But things have gotten quite around here, so I won’t be surprised if AX8 II is announced “soon” ;)

Just to play the devil's advocate, Admin's post only mentions AX9 and AX10 (both would be weird), it says nothing about a AX8mkII.

One thing is certain. There will be a successor to AX8. When will it come? We do not know. FAS has to say nothing is planned, until it is announced.
I have my own personal guess as to when it will be announced, but as it is purely my own speculation, I don't see any value in sharing my guess.

From Admin @M in the referenced thread:

"There is no AX9. There is no AX10. If you've seen any images they are fake. Posts like this may be created in fun, but in fact they just cause trouble."

Seems that we simply refuse to listen and haven't learned from similar threads regarding other products.

So you don't believe there are any plans for an AxeIII? Wait a minute! AxeIII is already shipping although it was at some point said, it was not in the plans.

Things change, and FAS will never say they are developing something new until they are ready to release (start a waiting list). This is as it should be. I feel certain that someone in FAS is at least thinking about how to put some of the III goodness into a floor format. But that says nothing about whether a new model will be available this year or five years from now.

Just to play the devil's advocate, Admin's post only mentions AX9 and AX10 (both would be weird), it says nothing about a AX8mkII.
don't read into that comment, really.

AxeIII is already shipping although it was at some point said, it was not in the plans.
in June 2016, Cliff said they didn't start working on an Axe-Fx 3. he expected to continue making the Axe2 for a couple more years. the Axe-Fx III was launched in 2018. https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ean-for-the-axe-fx.115566/page-5#post-1382790

FAS has developed the AX8 mkII for months/years already...

Just like any other companys do.
i'm not sure this is true at all.

Back
Top Bottom