New AX8 owner, issues importing a preset

Ace

Hi all,

I was on the forum a couple years ago only as a fanboy because I couldn't afford/justify taking the plunge and I always had my eyes set on an AXE FX II (XL), but recently an opportunity for a good deal on a near-mint AX8 presented itself and here I am. I'm at the very beginning of getting my head around the thing, so naturally the first thing I did was download a few free presets (Silent Underground Studios' Preset A Day) and import them which worked fine.

However, when I tried to import Ola's At The Gates preset from , I got an error message saying "Unable to set destination cab slot for import operation". I get that message twice, after I "ok" the first one, I get an info popup about preset-cab-bundles. The preset loads, but some of the scenes sound absolutely horrible, cutting out and way too soft, although they all have two cabs loaded (F147 and F176).

Can anybody tell me what's going on here? Mucho appreciated.

Best,
Andreas

well I down loaded the preset ,yes low volume, I did notice that the cab block is down -6 ,I set to 0 .It is louder now. Also the the amp volume is down to like -18,I set to 11 .better volume but the patch isn't really my cup of tea . I did compare to the video and it does sound pretty much like the video
And I did get the same error messages and your right about the scene's up and down

Last edited:
If you have access to a computer then use AX8 editor. Check the amp, cab, input and output settings on a preset you like and then compare them to the preset you downloaded. Adjust accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom