New AX8 Owner Here

Easy J

I became interested in modeling technology about a year ago. I was using a POD HD bean and POD pedal board for practice, which simulated my gigging tube rig. This year I decided to pick up a used HD500 and played some gigs with it, which went better than expected. Since my "Proof Of Concept" modelling effort went so well, I jumped all the way in and picked up a Fractal AX8 last week.

It really is much better than the POD HD stuff. Amp and cabinet modeling is worlds better. The POD HD had some real amp feel, but the AX8 is just so close to playing a real amp. I am truly impressed with it and have no regrets. I am very confident it is going to support me properly for gigs.

Hi Easy J. and happy new year, AX8 really is the best of Fractal tech since its not tethered to a 19" rack and a pedalboard interface, in my opinion for a guitarist this thing is the last word in a multiprocessor self contained floor unit.

@Easy J - I used Line6 stuff for quite awhile and could never get the feel I was looking for and really didn’t have a very high opinion of modeling in general until I found the Fractal stuff - it’s so much better than anything I’ve ever used. I think you’ll continue to be happy as you get more and more into it. Welcome to the forum too!

Welcome Easy J!
I think you will find Fractal gear Amazing, and this forum very helpful.

Hey Easy J - welcome to the forum! I used an Eleven Rack for years and was never 100% satisfied with my tones. With the AX8, I have more great tones and effects than I'll need.

I think you will be really pleased moving up to the AX8. There is so much good information and helpful people on this forum.

Sir, you have some Kool aid on the side of your mouth might I suggest you use a napkin :D. Welcome to the little magic box now take the Red pill and see how deep the rabbit hole really goes!

Back
Top Bottom