New AX8 firmware update?

Everyone hears things differently. In my experience, there’s clearly a difference in tone and feel between the III and the AX8. It was evident immediately from the first note I played on the III with FW 1.x

personally, I'd rather some of the new reverbs over anything else. The amp modelling already sounds stellar. Not sure if it would even be possible though...

I don't really care for new reverbs honestly, probably because i make very little use of them generally. I'm ,uch more focused on Ares amp sims' improvements, just because i hear people are enjoying the new FW on their AXII.

Another great + for me would be global blocks on Ax8. I hope we can see some of these improvements ported to the beloved platform

Better amp modeling is always better. :) As for global blocks, I love using them in the Axe FX and would love them on the AX-8 but considering they were intentionally not put in I hold no hope for getting them in the AX-8.

So is the AX8 the only model in the Fractal Line up without full blown Ares Amp modelling ?

So is the AX8 the only model in the Fractal Line up without full blown Ares Amp modelling ?

More like the III is the only model that has full Ares amp modeling

The II has aspects of it but not the identical thing. The Fx8 obviously doesn’t either, nor does the old Ultra etc

One could argue that the III and the AX8 are the only products in the FAS lineup that include amp modeling.

But then the II just got an update, and the AX8 did not ...

One could argue that the III and the AX8 are the only products in the FAS lineup that include amp modeling.

But then the II just got an update, and the AX8 did not ...

The II got what is said to be the final update. It has been out for years longer than the Ax8.

Cliff can’t do 2 things at once, so likely picked the II first, and then may move to the Ax8, doing what is possible with it, while also probably having 100 other tasks.

When I give my dogs their dinner, I put one bowl down first. Doesn’t mean the other bowl isn’t 30 seconds behind it

One dog is dead, the other is alive. Who do you feed first ;)

Ha.

In the past I got the impression that Cliff builds the Axe-Fx II firmware himself, but someone else at FAS builds the AX\FX 8 firmware, using Cliff's finished block code (modelling and FX algorithms etc). So that was why the II version would always come first.

There was ONE time (that I recall) the AX8 version came first. My guess was the II firmware was done and kept internal that time, while they finished and released the AX8 version publicly first just to pacify the AX8 crowd and make them feel special for once.

I seem to remember that a lot of extra work was required to get Quantum 10.0 onto the AX8. I don't know what that means for its Aeres 1.0 prospects....

I'm just pulingl all of this out of my a$$ though. ;)
You pulled lots out of your a$$ when I was asking for the 2 to be updated and pretty much everything you said was for no reason and the opposite is what happened
There’s no point in theoretical defense of a production idea that you have no envolvment in the best thing for everyone who doesn’t know is to say that they don’t know

Back
Top Bottom