New AX8 firmware update?

Although this is a very helpful forum, at times it seems to be made up of people making stuff up, so that we look at them and give them attention. Not just this thread.
Perhaps all speculation should be moved to the Lounge but as long as we call it what it is there's no harm in it.

So the discontinued rack unit still gets updates before the AX8?

It could be we get the official update at the same time. Then it would be nice, if some of the known AX8-specific bugs were fixed.

All in fun.

Have to say I laugh every time I see someone refer to the next floor unit as "AX9". Do these people also think there were 7 earlier versions prior to AX8? :)

Well of course nobody knows how they will name it, maybe AX9 or HAL 9000...that's not the point. It's just talking about the next gen unit after AX8. :)

I'm just curious why the AX8 spent most of 2018 at $1099 in the Fractal Store (sometimes out of stock, which drove Reverb prices to always be 1,200-1,300) and now in 2019 its up to $1,299 in the store... oh wait, maybe I just answered my question... lol

Part of the price increase could be tariff or other cost related. Helix prices went up last year by $100 and I think they said that was a factor.

I'd love to see more development on this platform but I'm not holding my breath for much more. I'd much rather see a new floor unit based on the Axe 3 platform than a trickle of minor updates.

I, too, am holding out for a Axe III floor unit. Doesn't make much sense to dish out $200 more for an older unit, tariff related or otherwise.

It's still an amazing box. I got one for Christmas and love it. I also wanted to be able to easily move presets between my portable floor unit (the AX-8) and the stay-at-home rack unit (the Axe-FX II XL+) and I'm not going to look at upgrading the rack for a while.

Either the AX-8 fits ones needs or it does not.

I can't wait to see how much used AX-8s go for when the new foot pedal replacement comes out. :)

It's still an amazing box. I got one for Christmas and love it. I also wanted to be able to easily move presets between my portable floor unit (the AX-8) and the stay-at-home rack unit (the Axe-FX II XL+) and I'm not going to look at upgrading the rack for a while.

Either the AX-8 fits ones needs or it does not.

I can't wait to see how much used AX-8s go for when the new foot pedal replacement comes out. :)

It's absolutely an amazing box, I owned one a little over a year ago. Was forced to sell it off and now I've been looking at getting back into it. But not for $200 more than I spent for it a year ago with no more firmware updates in sight, outdated chips, etc. I'll wait for the next iteration, no harm no foul.

Is this new update for other models a maintenance release or does it have new features ?

I for one have not even come close to understanding or using all of the tweaks/options/effects/amps/tones the current AX8 has available. Funny people long for something they may know little about? Sorry, but this is an incredible tool, I for one am grateful for what I currently have to stomp on tonight! Rant over.

Whatever,

Just read the link to the new Ares 1.0
The Friedman’s are being discussed as improved, which is my Amp of the month ;)......seems this has goodness in it not just maintenance. Do we share the same hardware as these models ?......is this big revision update possible for the Mighty AX8 !

No, the AX8 does not share the same hardware as the AxeII. Different DSP chips entirely. Whether the portion of Ares that is being ported to the AxeFX II will be ported to the AX8 or not remains to be seen. We already know that the amp modeling in the AX8 was simplified from the start by eliminating a few things that are included in the AxeFX II amp modeling in order to get it to run on the AX8.

Historically, improvements have been implemented in the AxeFX II first and then ported to the AX8. I can only remember one FW release where the AX8 got the improvements first. I'm sure if the AX8 hardware can handle it, the improvements will eventually be ported to the AX8 since it's still an active product.

I'm just curious why the AX8 spent most of 2018 at $1099 in the Fractal Store (sometimes out of stock, which drove Reverb prices to always be 1,200-1,300) and now in 2019 its up to $1,299 in the store... oh wait, maybe I just answered my question... lol

IIRC, the $1099 price was from a sale, including the AxeII that they extended through the end of the year. The $1299 price is what it's always been. I could be wrong but I seem to remember the sale being extended almost indefinitely

Some people are really really happy with this Update.....including Admin.
Read the thread........fingers crossed ......

Back
Top Bottom