NEW AX FX....3 WHEN????

WarrenW

ok....i'm new...
just a "little question" for the Boss....

in the 2011 AXE FX2
in the 2014 AXE FX2 XL..+...
in the 2017 AXE FX 3 ?

tell us more...we are waiting for the most powerful machine in our hands!!!!!

Just a hunch, but I don't think any company would unofficially announce a new product in a product forum. Doing that would slow down sales for your current products and you won't be able to advertise your new product consistently. If you get an answer, color me surprised. But I highly doubt you will.

FAS is a very grounded company with serious intent on providing the best product and service to their customers. Therefore any new product will have to be a major upgrade from the current AxeFx II XL+. This would require a new dedicated audio DSP to replace the current DSP that is now out of production, a very costly endeavor. If Cliff can find or create his own (highly unlikely) then it could happen in the years to come. I would love to see a new AxeFx III with improved front panel user interface, ( as many rotary/push encoders with their own little OLED displays as possible). The current product is at its zenith with the TigerSharc DSPs so any new offering is likely to come at great expense.

So glad I don't have that disease ... I love what I have now (fx2 xl+) and if only I could accelerate my capabilities as quickly as FAS does with their products!

in the 2011 AXE FX2
in the 2017 AXE FX 3 ?

you missed the AX8, the FX8 and the FX8 MK2. The only thing mentioned that's not out is a passive and an active load box, the latter has ir loading and effects.

Everything is too good now to miss out on! like said above buy an XL+ and have fun.

ok....i'm new...

in the 2011 AXE FX2
in the 2017 AXE FX 3 ?

Axe fx2 - and XL(+) use the same modeling technology so the 3 year chart is not an indicator.

I think the xl will remain the flagship for awhile and we will see other forms and products. I think we'll see a new form of the ax8 before an axe fx 3 even. Pure speculation.

I prefer to let Cliff decide when to make announcements. I think it's disrespectful to go around prying for information that you aren't entitled to. Enjoy what you have and when the time comes, you'll know...

ok....i'm new...

in the 2011 AXE FX2
in the 2017 AXE FX 3 ?

Big question for a new guy, forgot to say please!

Has there been any advancements in DSP technology to make a AFX III?

At the time the AFX II and XL+ were using the best TigerSHARC had to offer at the time. I guess that would be a factor that would indicate if/when a revised product is on the horizon.

Back
Top Bottom