New Autoengage Wah problem

Sidivan

Fractal Fanatic
I have my wah setup to autoengage in the heel down position. Previously, I could ease into the wah for a type of "Wah swell" (Third Eye Blind's "Jumper" verses), but now the damned thing won't engage. Is there a way to set it back? Or at least make it more sensitive?

In case you missed it, check the 11.03 release notes. Basically the pedal needs enough movement in a short time period, so you have to move more quickly to auto engage. If you move too slow it won't trigger. That is actually nice for some of us cause when you're on a bouncy stage (portable ones at country clubs for me usually) and your wah starts slowly dropping, it won't engage any more.

In the next firmware release you'll be able to select between velocity or position activation.

Nice! Will there be a way to have both position AND velocity activation? Sometimes I like to park the Wah during a lead like Michael Schenker. I don't want it to turn off when parked. Other times I've run into 'drifting' pedal problem when the stage resonates with the bass. The pedal slowly drifts from heel down to toe down thus engaging if auto engage is based on position only.

Nice! Will there be a way to have both position AND velocity activation? Sometimes I like to park the Wah during a lead like Michael Schenker. I don't want it to turn off when parked. Other times I've run into 'drifting' pedal problem when the stage resonates with the bass. The pedal slowly drifts from heel down to toe down thus engaging if auto engage is based on position only.

Velocity mode still requires being in the off zone to disengage, so you can park it anywhere in the rest of the range once it's on. If you're using FW 11.03, that's velocity mode.

I have my wah setup to autoengage in the heel down position. Previously, I could ease into the wah for a type of "Wah swell" (Third Eye Blind's "Jumper" verses), but now the damned thing won't engage. Is there a way to set it back? Or at least make it more sensitive?

On a side note, I use a flanger with a fairly high mix% for those open G notes on the Jumper verses - sounds dead on.

Back
Top Bottom