Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
I’ve downloaded the updated rf files and now all bank 2 has empty presets. The preset manager shows the name but the presets are blank

Anyone else seeing this?

@Robb1977 - I just re-loaded them - Using FractalBot -- from the latest zip file dated August 16 myself (AX3 with Bank_2rf) on my Axe-Fx III -- they seem to be fine here (Thankfully!).

Remember to use the little circular arrows in the upper right to "refresh preset names" - sometimes it needs that after you load new stuff in.

Exit the preset manager and restart your Axe-Fx III hardware - do you see them correctly now?

Last edited:
FracTool shows the correct blocks in Bank 2, '59 Bassman AX3 preset.

Update 1: I used Axe-Edit III to import the '59 Bassman AX3 preset from Bank 2 directly (No FracTool) into an "Empty for Your Use" location and everything is there. Might want to use Axe-Edit for now until this gets figured out.

Update 2: I imported "AX3_fw12.14_AusBuddy_LIVEGOLD_Bank_2rf.syx" using Fractal-Bot. The presets are populated with blocks. Oddly, when I browse presets in the Quick Jump screen, it shows me the '59 Bassman AX3 preset I imported with Axe-Edit a few minutes ago. But if I select that preset, it shows me "Empty for Your Use" name. I have rebooted the Axe3 and restarted Axe-Edit III twice each.

1597613111542.png

1597613193777.png

Update 3: I rebooted my MacBook Pro and Axe3 and it still shows the same screens above.

I'm using FW 13.01 and Axe-Edit III 1.06.09.

Last edited:
I want to buy Live Gold tonepack but before I buy it I want to see list of all presets in pack. I dont want to spent 79 bucks for pig in the poke.

@zbaljak1 - The presets are for every amp channel modeled in the FM3, except for the Bass amps (which will be in my 200+ bass TonePack coming next) and the Tube pre model.

So - in FM3-Editor, just Go to the amp block, and click where it says "Type" in lower left corner - see those 277 amps models? It's roughly 250+ or so presets -- You get presets with 8 scenes for each of those shown except the bass amp models and the Tube Pre.

A handful/few presets however consolidate amp channels (like Thornedahl Rectifier has both models in one preset, as does the Blues Jr.). On the other hand, I provide extra presets for hte VH4, Powerball, Texas LoneStar, and Mark IV, Bogners, JMP-1, to name a few. It's three banks total.

You can also watch the video here and at 13:49 into it I show you the preset layout for Banks 1 and 2 (Bank 3 was not done when video was made).

That help?

I want to buy Live Gold tonepack but before I buy it I want to see list of all presets in pack. I dont want to spent 79 bucks for pig in the poke.

a list won’t tell you much. Is almost a preset for every amp in the fm3 with a matching cab (or cabs) with 3/4 different gain settings in the preset scenes. All dialed for live use and volume leveled. That alone is worthed.

not every preset will be good for your style/preference but you’re gonna find quite a few very good that will save you lots of time auditioning and dialing.

the dumble, jtm45, soldano 100, silver jubilee, trainreck, Friedman and a lot of the fenders are amazing. And there a a lot other that could be even better but I’m limiting myself to not go into the rabbit hole again.

very nice work @austinbuddy

the dumble, jtm45, soldano 100, silver jubilee, trainreck, Friedman and a lot of the fenders are amazing. And there a a lot other that could be even better but I’m limiting myself to not go into the rabbit hole again.

very nice work @austinbuddy

Thanks @Rublalup. Agree about "more sounds can be had than what's in here" -- the issue is, while some amps are sort of one-trick ponies with a few sounds and gain stages, others are extremely versatile both gain-wise and EQ wise. For example, I can pull out 12 different Fender Bassman killer tones, or 12 Bludo Ojai tones, but not for this pack. (This combined with the 1400+ Naked Amps moves that way though).

The Diezel VH4 amp model can do just about anything if you tweak it correctly, for example... That one can do Tweed to full shred and most points in between. But even with the "extra" presets for it, plenty left in that one.

So I had to draw a line somewhere as I went through every amp model -- else this collection would be twice as big/ 6 banks long, 2000+ sounds, cost a lot more, and I'd never ever get it done! Think it does cover the most broadly used types of electric guitar tones pretty well though... :cool:

Last edited:
I’m about to buy this partly because I heard about the perfect Judas Priest preset in there... Another Thing Comin’ is one of the songs that my band covers🤘but I’m very curious about the other Easter Eggs in this thing. I’m terrible at dialing in exact tones for some covers so I want to know what else is buried in there???

I’m about to buy this partly because I heard about the perfect Judas Priest preset in there... Another Thing Comin’ is one of the songs that my band covers🤘but I’m very curious about the other Easter Eggs in this thing. I’m terrible at dialing in exact tones for some covers so I want to know what else is buried in there???
I really didn't make a list unfortunately! The way it works is, as I dial in an amp, my ear will hear what's happening and pull me towards a certain type of tone. I don't think FracTool yet produces a Preset/Scene list so I can't really print anything out, just preset names...but if someone can figure out that would be cool.

There's stuff that is labeled or evokes EVH, Brian May (with dueling echos), Stevie Ray Vaughan, U2, Beatles, Jimi, Indie music styles (try the fender Brown amps), Stones/Keef and Ronnie, Jimmy Page, Angus/Malcom, David Gilmour, Live Stones (AmpegSVT on Get your Ya-Yas)....

....Judas Priest (the chorus effect is key), ZZ Top (although in fairness, and good old Plexi dialed in right makes you want to play early ZZ Top!), some Aerosmith tones from the Toys/Rocks era in the Marshalls that may not be labeled as such (try the Normal Plexi for great smooth rhythm tone), Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Metallica (Enter Sandman - I nailed Kirk's wah part too)....

...and just all kinds of little effects too, like Roland Tape Space Echo on the JC-120...

FracTool shows the correct blocks in Bank 2, '59 Bassman AX3 preset.

Update: I used Axe-Edit III to import the '59 Bassman AX3 preset from Bank 2 directly (No FracTool) into an "Empty for Your Use" location and everything is there. Might want to use Axe-Edit for now until this gets figured out.

Update: I imported "AX3_fw12.14_AusBuddy_LIVEGOLD_Bank_2rf.syx" using Fractal-Bot. The presets are populated with blocks. Oddly, when I browse presets in the Quick Jump screen, it shows me the '59 Bassman AX3 preset I imported with Axe-Edit a few minutes ago. But if I select that preset, it shows me "Empty for Your Use" name. I have rebooted the Axe3 and restarted Axe-Edit III twice each.

View attachment 71468

View attachment 71469
I'm using FW 13.01 and Axe-Edit III 1.06.09.

Well that is weird and unexpected -- but the presets ARE therem correct? More of an Axe-Fx III Edit (preset manager?) issue it sounds like than a Tonepack problem. I re-loaded mine from latest zip file (...Bank_2rf. syx) using FractalBot and everything is just as it should be here.

If several of you have this issue we should let the Axe-Edit Fractal people know about it as possible bug...

Well that is weird and unexpected -- but the presets ARE therem correct? More of an Axe-Fx III Edit (preset manager?) issue it sounds like than a Tonepack problem. I re-loaded mine from latest zip file (...Bank_2rf. syx) using FractalBot and everything is just as it should be here.

If several of you have this issue we should let the Axe-Edit Fractal people know about it as possible bug...

Yes, the presets are there and I played through the '59 Bassman AX3 preset in 268. All good. 266 does show correctly browsing on the hardware.

Last edited:
My issues started when I updated axe edit this morning. Updating the firmware to 13.01 made the presets appear so it does sound like a bug in the axe edit.
I can’t find the old axe edit file to try going backwards so even though the pack is for 12.14 I’ll have to stick with 13.01

Just curious if anyone has used the AB Livegold tone pack on AXE III and how did they sound? I have everything from AB but was hesitant on buying this one for AXE III. Always concerned when presets are originally made for FM3 that when used with AXE III they may lack certain configs or tweeks due to limitations of FM3 as compared to flagship model.

Thanks

Just curious if anyone has used the AB Livegold tone pack on AXE III and how did they sound? I have everything from AB but was hesitant on buying this one for AXE III. Always concerned when presets are originally made for FM3 that when used with AXE III they may lack certain configs or tweeks due to limitations of FM3 as compared to flagship model.

Thanks
I have both the Naked Amps, and the new Live Gold, and they are both awesome. I bought the Live Gold pack, as soon as it was released, and installed it in my AXE III, so i have worked with them for a couple of weeks now.
The idea of making 4 scenes for humbucker, and 4 for single coils, in each preset of the Live Gold Pack, works very well for me.
I understand your concern though, and I'm sure AB will explain about that, when he sees your post - but to me, as is, its well worth the money.

My issues started when I updated axe edit this morning. Updating the firmware to 13.01 made the presets appear so it does sound like a bug in the axe edit.
I can’t find the old axe edit file to try going backwards so even though the pack is for 12.14 I’ll have to stick with 13.01

The best kept secret is this fantastic resource our French friends have maintained, an archive of everything.

http://archive.axefx.fr

Helps you revert back. I've gotten into the habit of always downloading the editors and firmwares and saving them, so I can go backwards if need be. But these guys appear to save and archive everything!

Thanks

Remember, the Axe-Fx III has 4+ times the processing power the FM3. The main difference is you get room to add lots more effects of your own in the Axe-Fx III version.

The firmware is not identical between unitsl, but it is super-super close when it comes to amps+cabs and spot-on for effects. The Axe-Fx III uses Ultra-Res cabs but I believe the FM3 does not, for CPU reasons - that's one difference.

The feel is slightly more spongy (organic? responsive? I hate words like this) on the Axe-Fx III -- but this is cork-sniffing and most people won't notice it. Very slight but there if you ever A/B them.

I was concerned about differences early on between a preset made for FM3 and an identical one on the Axe-FX III - but no longer under firmware 12.14 and higher. The FM3 presets to my ears have a VERY slight mid-hump, that could be due to hardware or firmware, but I've posted earlier about how to set up a Global Output GEQ in an Axe-fx III for the LiveGold presets if you really want to get them precisely as they sound on an FM3, but most people are perfectly fine with the Axe-Fx IIII versions sounding just as they are. Ya'll feel free to weigh in with your own experiments.

Remember, the Axe-Fx III has 4+ times the processing power the FM3. The main difference is you get room to add lots more effects of your own in the Axe-Fx III version.

The firmware is not identical between unitsl, but it is super-super close when it comes to amps+cabs and spot-on for effects. The Axe-Fx III uses Ultra-Res cabs but I believe the FM3 does not, for CPU reasons - that's one difference.

The feel is slightly more spongy (organic? responsive? I hate words like this) on the Axe-Fx III -- but this is cork-sniffing and most people won't notice it. Very slight but there if you ever A/B them.

I was concerned about differences early on between a preset made for FM3 and an identical one on the Axe-FX III - but no longer under firmware 12.14 and higher. The FM3 presets to my ears have a VERY slight mid-hump, that could be due to hardware or firmware, but I've posted earlier about how to set up a Global Output GEQ in an Axe-fx III for the LiveGold presets if you really want to get them precisely as they sound on an FM3, but most people are perfectly fine with the Axe-Fx IIII versions sounding just as they are. Ya'll feel free to weigh in with your own experiments.
Thank you @popmuiker and AB. I know anything put out by AB is stellar. I just had to ask. Thanks for your time!
Rich

Sounds great... Looking forward to buying your Live Gold pack tomorrow - between wife, kids, work, responsibilities, I just don’t have much free time for Easter egg hunts - especially AT proper volume🤘And with hundreds of presets and a thousand scenes to dig through for buried treasures - we need a table of contents of sorts to save time. I’ve had the FM3 since March and I just found my first Easter egg... Maybe we need a user-driven global Easter Egg thread??? For instance, with very little tweaking, the FM3’s Farfegnugen Scene 3 Solo Preset nails Scorpion’s No One Like You and other Scorps tunes pretty convincingly to my ears.... Thanks AB - looking forward to this👍

After owning the AB AX8 presets and now playing through the AB FM3 presets, I'm not sure the use of the term presets is accurate. For some, the term preset conjures up a specific tone for a particular song or artist. The LIVE GOLD is more about having the amps/cabs matched up and dialed in at concert/gig volumes. Therefore, if you are wanting an all-around Tone Pack that delivers a crunching Marshall, crushing 5150, or tasty Lone Star...this is it. All sound good through studio monitors or a FRFR or FOH.

Not sure if helpful, but AB does provide a list that outlines all the amps with titles such as FAS BrownSound Plexi, Hook 2B Edge Off, Plexi OD1 Spawn, etc.

Back
Top Bottom