Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Just a philosophical question: With so many Axe Fx3 units out there, and with the FM3 being new and still hard to find, I was wondering why you did the FM3 version of this pack first? Wouldn't it have made more sense to aim at the much bigger market of AxeFx3 owners, and get the revenue rolling in, then adapt the packs for the FM3 version? By which time there would be more FM3 units out there?

I have an Fx3, along with the Naked Amps set, but I think I'll wait until later in the year when the Fx3 version of Live Gold comes out.

But that's just me... I love my Naked Amps, along with various sounds from Burgs and a couple of others. More than enough to keep me occupied and recording for now :)
He thought he could kill two birds with 3 banks of presets instead of 6 ;-)

The CS2 Amp Boost is ESSENTIAL to getting the best sounds, and many scenes will say "Try CS2 Boost here". It shows how you can set up your own an Amp controller layout 7 page for your FM3 to achieve that.
Ok been looking for this info and watched the vid....

From OMG9, how do you get to the layout 7? I guess I need to assign a link layout or something? What do you recommend?

Ok been looking for this info and watched the vid....

From OMG9, how do you get to the layout 7? I guess I need to assign a link layout or something? What do you recommend?

@sskkmm
Hey -- personally, I use the HOLD function on layout 8 (main landing page) in OMG9 on far right button to go to layout 7. I think that means the OMG9 Looper access that may be OMG9 default there is overwritten (but not the looper page layout itself).

It looks like this to me (layout 8)...attaching layout 8 file too.

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 10.22.54 PM.png

Btw, the looper took up too much CPU in FM3 given all was trying to do, so I left it out of presets.

Attachments

• OMG9-AB.fclayout
    9.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
He thought he could kill two birds with 3 banks of presets instead of 6 ;-)

Oh I bet there are far more FM3s out there, or will be over time, than Axe-Fx IIIs, just because of the price point. And I know that FM3 presets were supposed to work on Axe-Fx III (and do).

It's not unprecedented - I took the same approach to making the Dream Rigs - it was developed for the AX8 and took advantage of all the hot switches, then I ported into the Axe-FX XL, then I went through every single preset and adjusted for the firmware difference (ARES 2.0 versus Q10.01 on AX8. So this is not dissimilar. When you are dealing with 1000+ presets and multiple units, efficiency of work flow is key to keeping up! :cool:

Last - part of the intent for me is to get the sounds into as many hands as possible, because (I hear this over and over) - "your presets really woke up my Axe-Fx/AX8/FM3, I wasn't fully sold on it until I got your presets and found the sounds I have been looking for." I want people to love these units as much as I do. For guitar players, having the Axe-Fx makes everyday like Christmas (quoting Steve Vai!).

@austinbuddy These presets are fantastic. What I really appreciate is that each scene/amp channel is truly unique. I've purchased presets from other vendors (for Helix & FM3) where they advertise "8 different amp sounds!", then you open it up, and the amp parameters remain the same through all of the scenes, and/or there is only slight changes to just the gain, and/or the tone stack is all set at 5/12:00. It is obvious that you put a lot of effort into crafting each and every distinct tone. Well done sir, well done!

@austinbuddy These presets are fantastic. What I really appreciate is that each scene/amp channel is truly unique. I've purchased presets from other vendors (for Helix & FM3) where they advertise "8 different amp sounds!", then you open it up, and the amp parameters remain the same through all of the scenes, and/or there is only slight changes to just the gain, and/or the tone stack is all set at 5/12:00. It is obvious that you put a lot of effort into crafting each and every distinct tone. Well done sir, well done!
Thank you Prince! I try to make the presets/scenes I would want to hear/use and luckily for me, players like you love them as I do! #grateful

Hey Buddy, which one works well with for the Hotel California Solo??? Just bought the pack....
Haven't tried it, but a Marshall Plexi should work _ I think that's what Don Felder used on the track (anyone here know?)

Any preset is ready for recording? Would love to have a clean, crunch and lead already tweaked and ready to record

This presets really sound great. I am comparing the jcm800 preset that was my favorite with any of the pack and now it seems lacking clarity, too much gain and boomy. Really great work!!!

If you want to use these for recording, to sit in a mix, you absolutely can, but you may find to get clarity in a multi-instrument, multi-track context, you need to shave off the low end inside your DAW/ using your channel strip - for many, that means killing the signal under say 120 to Hz 150Hz or so - just drop it all (lo cut).

Else the guitar bottom end can clash with the Bass guitar etc. Likewise, you may need to sweeten the top end of the guitar a little, depending on what other instruments you are recording are in those frequency areas. This is stuff engineers/mixers do all the time to a real amp coming in through a mic pre.

Oh I bet there are far more FM3s out there, or will be over time, than Axe-Fx IIIs, just because of the price point. And I know that FM3 presets were supposed to work on Axe-Fx III (and do).

It's not unprecedented - I took the same approach to making the Dream Rigs - it was developed for the AX8 and took advantage of all the hot switches, then I ported into the Axe-FX XL, then I went through every single preset and adjusted for the firmware difference (ARES 2.0 versus Q10.01 on AX8. So this is not dissimilar. When you are dealing with 1000+ presets and multiple units, efficiency of work flow is key to keeping up! :cool:

Last - part of the intent for me is to get the sounds into as many hands as possible, because (I hear this over and over) - "your presets really woke up my Axe-Fx/AX8/FM3, I wasn't fully sold on it until I got your presets and found the sounds I have been looking for." I want people to love these units as much as I do. For guitar players, having the Axe-Fx makes everyday like Christmas (quoting Steve Vai!).

Don't get me wrong - my comment was more of a question than any sort of criticism. I LOVE my Naked Amps set. And I know I'll love the Live Gold set too. It would be interesting to see if Cliff can chime in with relative numbers of Axe Fx3 units vs FM3 units that are out there right now... Just curious.

Don't get me wrong - my comment was more of a question than any sort of criticism. I LOVE my Naked Amps set. And I know I'll love the Live Gold set too. It would be interesting to see if Cliff can chime in with relative numbers of Axe Fx3 units vs FM3 units that are out there right now... Just curious.
Maybe... but Doubt he would be Very specific in public — why Indirectly tell the competition in the market place that kind of stuff.

Here's the video I promised - down and dirty - on how to take a preset scene's amp an cab and copy them into your own preset to make a "Dream Rig" using the Live Gold TonePack tones. You use FM3-Edit and Preset Manager to do this, and something called the clipboard that lets you cut and paste from amp block to amp block - not only within presets but across them as well.

Hope this is helpful. It's in my YouTube channel FM3 tutorial video list as well.

Very informative. Definitely gained some new knowledge; especially using the output scenes to level. From the copy-paste of blocks, I just save the amp/cab blocks that I like to the library for quick pullup later.

Really enjoying the Gold pack.

OK - I gave in to temptation and curiosity, and just bought the Live Gold pack for FM3. Now to see how they'll sound in my Axe Fx3...

These presets are great per usual. Thanks @austinbuddy. I used the Deluxe Reverb and one of the Plexis for a livestream show we did earlier this week.

When you create a Dream Rig and combine different amps and cabs across scenes, do you get a brief dropout in volume when switching scenes? Any tips for this? I work around it by using scene controllers to boost the rhythm amp channel gain for example when I switch from a rhythm scene to a lead scene. This definitely works just fine. Just wanted to make sure there wasn’t anything else you do.

Help me!... Inadvertently I have imported OMG9-AB into Layout 1 via FM3-EDIT.
How to recover back to Layout 1 Preset?... Currently FC6 does not work at all.

Setup button>FC Controller Menu hit Enter>page right to the Reset Page and then Load Factory Default Layouts & Settings. That will get you back to default values. Then try again.

Setup button>FC Controller Menu hit Enter>page right to the Reset Page and then Load Factory Default Layouts & Settings. That will get you back to default values. Then try again.

Yes I did, FM3 works, but FC6 not work all all same as before.

Back
Top Bottom