Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Thanks for the additional info, Buddy. Yes I had the Output 2 turned up all the way for Unity gain. I am getting enough signal out of the FM3 and into the DAW and my FM3 output block meter and mixer inputs are reading as they should. I just didn't understand why I had to turn up the monitor signal significantly after changing to +4 dBu. If anything, I would have thought that I would have to turn it down. I don't think that this is a FAS or Austin Buddy specific behavior though. I just have a lot of respect for you and value your thoughts, opinions, suggestions, etc. BTW, your Hook preset sounds very good! Thanks again

Glad it is working out. I am a BIG fan of that Captain Hook 34 amp model. Some glorious tones in there!

I bought the pack and it is really great. For Bank 3 it would be nice to have a preset for a Mesa DR or Mark V with a rather dry in-your-face sound, sort of like the tones on Chevelle's "Wonder What's Next".
Awesome --t hanks for the suggestion

Yeah, the Hook as it’s own kind of distortion going on. Tasty for sure.

There is a scene 1 in one of the Hook (Tonestack off) presets called "Rain Song Live" - it's that glorious clean yet slightly compressed and slight grit as you dig in old Plexi sound and I love it madly... it probably would love pedals too.

AB it would be cool if in bank 3 we could have a talk box preset and a mutron... also some synth presets so the potencial of the fm3 is to be shown

Here are my possible requests/hopes for Bank 3. AB, please feel free to ignore these and do your thing!

1) 3 channel amps = 1 preset with all 3 channels. S1 = Clean, S2 = Rhythm, S3 = Lead 1, S4 = Lead 2:

-Solo 100 Clean + Rhythm + Lead
---Please give the SLO-100 some more love! I feel like this amp is regarded as one of the GOATs, but after I have downloaded nearly every AFX3 & FM3 preset from AEX, there simply aren't enough presets of this beast. Whats up with that?
-USA Clean + Rhythm + Lead
-USA IIC+ + Deep + Bright + Deep Bright
-USA JPIIC+ Green + Yellow + Red
-USA Pre Clean + Green + Yellow + Red
-Recto1 and Recto2 + Thordendal
-5153 100W Green + Blue + Red,
-Carol-Ann Triptik Clean + Classic + Modern,
-Dizzy V4 Blue & Silver 2 + 3 + 4,
-FAS Modern I + II + III (not really clean+rhythm+lead but would be cool to have them all in one preset for back to back comparisons)

2) Give extra love to Texas Star Clean + Lead & Triple Crown 2 + 3. I know that the Triple Crown is a newish model, so there aren't too many presets available, but both of these are phenomenal amps. The Lonestar is one of my favorite amps of all time and has one of the best Fender-y clean channels.

3) "Pedal Platform" / FX heavy presets: Use a clean amp like the Jazz 120, Twin, or Texas Star & add a bunch of ambient/crazy delays, verbs, mods, pitches, etc.. AKA demonstration of the FM3's FX capabilities.

4) Routing Templates: basic presets that incorporate using the effects loop, extra expression pedals, etc..

5) Acoustic-Electric presets: maybe 2-3 of these, using various EQs, filters, or amps for tone shaping, then some basic effects like comp, clean boost, chorus, delays, & reverbs. While I don't play acoustic-electric often, it would be nice to start experimenting more with the 3 Sigma Audio, Taylor, etc. IRs.
---AB, have you ever thought about creating some acoustic IRs?

That is all. Please feel free to disregard any or all of these requests. Keep up the great work!

I'm really confused. A few days ago, I loaded one of the FM3 Live Gold presets into my Axe-FX III using the Axe-Edit III preset manager, and it worked perfectly.

Today I'm trying to do the same thing, and the resulting presets are completely messed up. Many parameters are wrong. For example, the Return Level for the Return block is zero, so there's no sound. In Scenes 3-8 nearly all blocks are bypassed.

I tried with multiple presets from the Live Gold banks. It doesn't matter which preset I try to load. I always get the same results. I did update to the latest Axe-Edit III this morning, could that be the problem?

Edit: @Michael Pickens

Downgraded to Axe-Edit 1.06.03 and Manage Presets is working correctly again. In 1.06.05, as described above, it has some serious bugs!

Last edited:
I'm really confused. A few days ago, I loaded one of the FM3 Live Gold presets into my Axe-FX III using the Axe-Edit III preset manager, and it worked perfectly.

Today I'm trying to do the same thing, and the resulting presets are completely messed up. Many parameters are wrong. For example, the Return Level for the Return block is zero, so there's no sound. In Scenes 3-8 nearly all blocks are bypassed.

I tried with multiple presets from the Live Gold banks. It doesn't matter which preset I try to load. I always get the same results. I did update to the latest Axe-Edit III this morning, could that be the problem?

Edit: @Michael Pickens

Downgraded to Axe-Edit 1.06.03 and Manage Presets is working correctly again. In 1.06.05, as described above, it has some serious bugs!

i have seen this a few times my guess if if you wait for the actual AB AX3 release it will get resolved
the FM3 presets have some differences and just like AX3 convertrd to Fm3 that does not always work well IMO

Let Michael Pickens know - please go post in the Axe-III Edit area what you've found and page him there?

FM3 presets are generally supposed to be compatible between the units (if the blocks match). They have been until this point. This is worrisome because I need this process to work for there to be a Axe-Fx III version available try end of the month. I can't fool with it until I finish FM3's Love Gold Bank 3, which i am going to crunch hard to try and do over the next five days....

Last edited:
Hey @ElectricPhase:

I see this today:

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.06.07
JULY 31, 2020

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 12.14

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Corrected the conversion process between Axe-Fx III and FM3 presets.

Let us know if that fixes it?

Good afternoon all....Quick question. I've noticed a few updates on the presets...either fixing errors or tweaking to improve. Are these automatically updated in the presets when purchased? I'm thinking about giving these a try, but wanted to see if they'll get updates as FW's come out and Austin improves them..etc.. Really appreciate it!!

Good afternoon all....Quick question. I've noticed a few updates on the presets...either fixing errors or tweaking to improve. Are these automatically updated in the presets when purchased? I'm thinking about giving these a try, but wanted to see if they'll get updates as FW's come out and Austin improves them..etc.. Really appreciate it!!

I update them when it's needed, due to firmware changes that can really change amp (and thus preset) sounds. We don't get as many of those any more (thankfully). Usually about once a year, based on past history.

I'll have an update that includes Bank 3 here in next 5-10 days (Unless something unexpected waylays it all) and makes the little changes noted in the above thread to Banks 1 and 2.

I've got a really good general Petrucci and a good Metallica "Enter Sandman" preset (based off the YouTube stem guitar master tracks) and am working on the Mesa-Boogie amps which I always do last because with the GEQ they are a little more finicky to dial in. Plus a few miscellaneous ones at the very end (like a "make my electric into usable acoustic" preset). But I am running out of room/space though in Bank 3 to do much more!

I update them when it's needed, due to firmware changes that can really change amp (and thus preset) sounds. We don't get as many of those any more (thankfully). Usually about once a year, based on past history.

I'll have an update that includes Bank 3 here in next 5-10 days (Unless something unexpected waylays it all) and makes the little changes noted in the above thread to Banks 1 and 2.

I've got a really good general Petrucci and a good Metallica "Enter Sandman" preset (based off the YouTube stem guitar master tracks) and am working on the Mesa-Boogie amps which I always do last because with the GEQ they are a little more finicky to dial in. Plus a few miscellaneous ones at the very end (like a "make my electric into usable acoustic" preset). But I am running out of room/space though in Bank 3 to do much more!

You rock, bro! We're all stoked! Thank you for making this pack! :)

I don't know what changed with the Axe Edit update, but the few presets I was messing with tonight sound better than the ones I imported a few weeks ago. This was especially noticeable on the Bludotone PAB patch. The lead scenes had this really nice vocal quality whereas before it sounded just kind of mundane. It was a slight difference but enough that I couldn't stop playing that preset.

I don't know what changed with the Axe Edit update, but the few presets I was messing with tonight sound better than the ones I imported a few weeks ago. This was especially noticeable on the Bludotone PAB patch. The lead scenes had this really nice vocal quality whereas before it sounded just kind of mundane. It was a slight difference but enough that I couldn't stop playing that preset.

One of the things that has changed is that previous versions of Axe-Edit set the AMP Input Bosst, Cut, Fat and Bright Switches to ON. The last version sets the correct value. That was one issue, but perhaps there were more under the hood

Hello, guys! :)

I'm in doubt between Naked Amps and Live Gold! Suggestions? I would be very grateful.
I have AXE FX III and FC-12! :)

@austinbuddy : With the release of firmware v13 Beta, and the changes to the drive blocks, is this likely to have any significant change to the Live Gold pack? I got the FM3 version, of course, but I'm using the AxeFx3. I imported the presets using Preset Manager, and once I sorted out the wah pedal thing with your advice, they sound great. But before I install FW13 Beta, it would be good to know if I'm going to screw up anything...?

Hello, guys! :)

I'm in doubt between Naked Amps and Live Gold! Suggestions? I would be very grateful.
I have AXE FX III and FC-12! :)

For my personal needs, the Naked amps are too "naked" and "dry", as the name says. They are useful because you find perfect AMP/CAB matchings, but you have to spend some time adding effects and personalizing to your needs. The Live Gold pack is ready to rock. I haven't made much use of the Naked Amps, but I cannot stop playing with the Live Gold. The Naked Amps may be a good solution for professional recording studios, to substitute the tedious amp miking process.

@austinbuddy : With the release of firmware v13 Beta, and the changes to the drive blocks, is this likely to have any significant change to the Live Gold pack? I got the FM3 version, of course, but I'm using the AxeFx3. I imported the presets using Preset Manager, and once I sorted out the wah pedal thing with your advice, they sound great. But before I install FW13 Beta, it would be good to know if I'm going to screw up anything...?

Well, for FM3 under fw 1.05 - the answer is no. I can't tell under FW13.x for Axe-Fx III yet because it just came out.

I'm finishing up the FM3 version Bank 3 for you guys. I sent @ccroyalsenders Cooper Carter some presets for Metallica (Enter Sandman) and Petrucci to check out and he said they are spot on, so i'm on the right track.

The thing for Axe-Fx III andLive Gold under existing presets is, it may affect is the drive blocks - can't say yet if some or all of them. So I'[d hold off on updating firmwares just yet on Axe-Fx III - always good to wait a little and see what shakes out, bug-wise.

But if you do update, we all can adjust for that by simply swapping out old drive blocks for new ones that work under fw13.

I'll be cracking into the Axe-fx III Live Gold presets this weekend and will use firmware 13.x and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom