Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack - Partial Update (Bank 1 Marshalls) for Cygnus X3 firmware update now available

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
..... Any idea of the release date for the Axe III pack ??
Thanks
It won't be July, but should be August sometime. Remember, you *can" use the FM3 presets imported via Preset Manager, and above in this thread I laid out the little adjustments if you want the Axe-Fx III's imported Live Gold presets to sound more like the FM3 originally designed ones...a few people here have done that and they seem happy so far with the presets "as is" once imported. I just know some of them need a little more gain in Scenes 2 and 3 and a little more mids when used on an Axe-Fx III, plus the Ultra-Res cab block on the II (not on FM3) means it will be bassier - but you have bass cut CS6 switch too to help.

I've been exploring and putting AustinBuddy's great presets to work today. Here's a video I made for a local luthier using just one of those presets. It's so great to be able to dial up something appropriate for any given situation, and everything's ready to rock with little or no tweaking. I'll put up a general demo that will include a quick look at Mark Holcomb's contributions shortly. Great work, AustinBuddy!

I've been exploring and putting AustinBuddy's great presets to work today. Here's a video I made for a local luthier using just one of those presets. It's so great to be able to dial up something appropriate for any given situation, and everything's ready to rock with little or no tweaking. I'll put up a general demo that will include a quick look at Mark Holcomb's contributions shortly. Great work, AustinBuddy!

Brett,

Looking forward to your main vid on AB's Live Gold set. If you've been following the thread, you'll see that I gave in and bought the set, even though I have an Axe Fx3, not an FM3. After an initial setback, solved by Buddy (it was the cocked WAH setting, as I don't have an EXP pedal on my FC-12), the sounds are great.

My main fallback preset is your Dumble set, but there are a LOT of really useful sounds in this new Live Gold set. As long as the user (i.e. me) isn't dumb enough to miss the bit about setting Exp 1 initial position to 100% rather than 0%. If the latter, everything on the Fx3 all sounds like a cocked wah pedal, honking away around 1KHz. But once that has been corrected, boy oh boy - some great sounds await!

So, just a handful of little errors (mostly scenes not changing to right amp block) are coming to light by you guys as you play through these - thanks.

Here's the latest full list I have - shout out to @Prince who has flagged most of these for me. In order of preset listing:

Bank 1
JMP-1 OD2 S2 = amp Ch. A (S2 should = amp Ch. B)

JVM OD1 Green preset is missing. Looks like I mistakenly duplicated JVM OD2 Green there (it's in there twice, non-consecutively) - my bad. It will be fixed in next update.

Bogner Vintage Ecstasy Scene 2 Blue incorrectly points to amp ch. Red C I think -- (should be Amp B - Blue amp channel 2)

Hook 1A Clean Chnl -- S1 = amp Ch. B (S1 should = amp Ch. A)

Bank 2

Vox AC-15 - It was mentioned earlier in thread, one of the Scenes didn't change to right amp. Just make sure Scenes 1-2-3-4 line up as Amp A-B-C-D correspondingly.

Keep 'em coming!

So, just a handful of little errors (mostly scenes not changing to right amp block) are coming to light by you guys as you play through these - thanks.

Here's the latest full list I have - shout out to @Prince who has flagged most of these for me. In order of preset listing:

Bank 1
JMP-1 OD2 S2 = amp Ch. A (S2 should = amp Ch. B)

JVM OD1 Green preset is missing. Looks like I mistakenly duplicated JVM OD2 Green there (it's in there twice, non-consecutively) - my bad. It will be fixed in next update.

Bogner Vintage Ecstasy Scene 2 Blue incorrectly points to amp ch. Red C I think -- (should be Amp B - Blue amp channel 2)

Hook 1A Clean Chnl -- S1 = amp Ch. B (S1 should = amp Ch. A)

Bank 2

Vox AC-15 - It was mentioned earlier in thread, one of the Scenes didn't change to right amp. Just make sure Scenes 1-2-3-4 line up as Amp A-B-C-D correspondingly.

Keep 'em coming!
That 1970 plexi... OMG

well @Burgs hands do magic but honestly that sounds really well, love how your marshall sound mate!

By the way @austinbuddy is there any problem with the introductory price as I was going to purchase and the price is not 79 is slightly higher... 85.52
You must live in Texas amigo, and they will collect sales tax on it there -- it's the web ecommerce system that automatically applies it. Sorry brother!

You must live in Texas amigo, and they will collect sales tax on it there -- it's the web ecommerce system that automatically applies it. Sorry brother!

Does it recalculate if I log in and update that I'm not in TX?

I'll be interested to read more feedback on this pack...I wasn't big on the Naked Amps for the AX8 but I really liked the Dream Rigs pack. When I got the Axe 3 I got the Naked Amps pack for that and didn't use it all that much. This sounds more up my alley.

Edit: that's a timely demo! Burg sold me on a couple of your other packs so it's probably a matter of time :D

Does it recalculate if I log in and update that I'm not in TX?

I'll be interested to read more feedback on this pack...I wasn't big on the Naked Amps for the AX8 but I really liked the Dream Rigs pack. When I got the Axe 3 I got the Naked Amps pack for that and didn't use it all that much. This sounds more up my alley.

Edit: that's a timely demo! Burg sold me on a couple of your other packs so it's probably a matter of time :D
If you have a Texas address it will automatically apply the sales tax.

If you like the 1000+ Dream Rigs, you will LOVE the 1000+ Live Gold TonePack - no question.

The new Axe-Fx III and FM3 preset and scene format (compared to AX8/Axe-Fx II format) plus the new tools to manage scenes and blocks in the editor makes much more sense for live gig use - you can really pack a lot into one preset, and the sounds are great on the ARES firmware -- they have that edge that a real amp in the room does (at least I worked very hard to give each preset/sound that feeling). Enjoy!

YES! More vids from the mighty Burgs please!!
He can sell ice cubes to Eskimos🤣 Love that guy! How about showcasing some Classic Rock Royalty in the next AustinBuddy video (AC/DC, Sabbath, Zeppelin, Aerosmith, KISS, Bad Company, etc...) I’m getting my credit card ready... When I play live again, I’ll be playing through the Atomic CLR and a Friedman ASM12 and ASC12. Are these tones optimized for this platform?

YES! More vids from the mighty Burgs please!!
He can sell ice cubes to Eskimos🤣 Love that guy! How about showcasing some Classic Rock Royalty in the next AustinBuddy video (AC/DC, Sabbath, Zeppelin, Aerosmith, KISS, Bad Company, etc...) I’m getting my credit card ready... When I play live again, I’ll be playing through the Atomic CLR and a Friedman ASM12 and ASC12. Are these tones optimized for this platform?
See above in this thread, I did name some various presets with scenes that cover those sounds.

I dialed everything in on Atomic Neo-CLRs as I have for all my TonePacks, they translate well to DAW recording that way and most users tell me the presets work great on their own FRFR playback systems, some do mild tweaks to tune them in to the FRFR being used via the Global EQ outputs.

Today I have a great moment playing with the 1959SLP Normal preset using the lead scene. So responsive and inspiring...

However I find the clean scenes on most presets very low in volume. I tried to increase the volume with the amp level (I know I could use the scene leveler too) and found what I believe is a bug. The knob response is really unpredictable and the real volume changes depend more on the “speed” I turn the knob than on the value. Can someone confirm this?

Other thing is I had to use a filter block on all presets (basically a low and high cut). Maybe the atomic neo are designed with more focus on the mids due to it being directed to guitar players? Or are supposed to be frfr and neutral?

Today I have a great moment playing with the 1959SLP Normal preset using the lead scene. So responsive and inspiring...

However I find the clean scenes on most presets very low in volume. I tried to increase the volume with the amp level (I know I could use the scene leveler too) and found what I believe is a bug. The knob response is really unpredictable and the real volume changes depend more on the “speed” I turn the knob than on the value. Can someone confirm this?

Other thing is I had to use a filter block on all presets (basically a low and high cut). Maybe the atomic neo are designed with more focus on the mids due to it being directed to guitar players? Or are supposed to be frfr and neutral?

Let me try to address.

The clean preset LEVEL is usually set playing a bridge humbucker; if you switch to a neck humbucker you will see on your levels the signal get noticeably louder. If you are playing the clean on a single coil it will be lower in volume a good bit - and that's what scene 5 is for, with the 5.1db boost.

If on Scene 1 and your clean is too low, just click on the MicroBoost in Drive2 channel A and your clean will get louder, or turn on the Filter Block chn B before the Amp in scenes 1-4 that adds 3.5 db.

What I've learned in playing the 250+ amp models for ten years in Fractal products: amp cleans will differ from amp to amp in responsiveness to incoming signals. Clean amp channels can sometimes make more transients and dynamics than gainier amps. Other amps compress it and you don't get the wider dynamics.

So the problem is, if I set the clean level a bit high on a preset and you WHACK it, you can cause a spike and digitally clip.

For this reason some amps are harder to LEVEL precisely for cleans -- like the Shiva or Tweed Princeton. Very different reaction to single coils than humbuckers, very different reactions to playing hard versus soft -- the preamp reacts dynamically, and the LEVEL range gets very wide.

But now that you have YOUR guitar in hand, and know how you will use a Clean, no worries -- just set the Channel Amp Level up by 1db to 2.5db if you think it's too low with your own.

Just keep in mind, if you then add CS2 or a Drive of Filter or stack them on a clean and it then digitally clips -- then you'll know why. Hope that helps.

On the bass end/lows -- that is what "real amp in the room" will do in terms of bass -- you would feel it more than hear it. I made sure that "amp bottom" was present, and gave you a Bass CUT on CS6 if you need to tame it.

My CLRs run flat with no Global Out EQ adjustments. But on my Mission Gemini 2 2X12 FRFR, I will use the Global Out2 to chop out almost all lows under 63z and above 16kHz, with slight db dips if needed at 125hz and 8kHz. There isn't much guitar frequency stuff in those frequencies anyway. As I've said in the tutorial videos, you may have to "tune" your own FRFRs slightly using the Output2 Global EQ because they are not all identical sounding or perfectly flat.

My CLRs tend to have very detailed guitar mids, best I've heard so far in FRFRs (and I love that about them, and also for just listening to albums -- I can really hear all the individual instruments distinctly in a mix), and that translates great for DAW recording especially for sitting in a mix.

Last edited:
Hello AB,
When I import the SRV demo preset.....and thanks for this !
CAB 2 -R #88 imports at -19.44 db.

Is it supposed to ?

thanks

Hello AB,
When I import the SRV demo preset.....and thanks for this !
CAB 2 -R #88 imports at -19.44 db.

Is it supposed to ?

thanks
I don’t have it in front of me but sure I may have mixed the second Cab IR in at lower db like -20, just blending a taste of that IR in with the other one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom