New Andy Timmons preset

jeremypodom

I basically made this one by accident. It was the clean setting on an overdrive preset I made in a bit of a rush, but later discovered that if I just upped the input gain on it then it sounded nearly identical to the tone of Andy Timmons on his CD Resolution.

Here's a sample of me derping around playing pieces from Resolution, because it's the only song I know how to play on the CD. I didn't change anything on the preset for each part, I only used my guitars volume knob. Starts off lighter and goes to more heavy towards the end.

By the way, it sounds pristine through my studio monitors and high quality headphones but doesn't sound too great through my laptop speakers. So take it with a grain of salt depending on where you're listening.

View attachment Timmons Tone.syx

Killer tone! You should add a good leslie sim in there to really get the Resolution tone.

p.s. I'm new to this forum and about to purchase a new Axe FX II in the next couple days, I can't wait!

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I figured out the reason it sounded so bad through my laptop speakers. It was turned up too loud and clipping really terribly.

And wheatleyb, I may just do that. That's what he uses in the "bridge" section of resolution I'm pretty sure.

Yea I think so, I know I hear it in a few different parts half way through or so. I think live he was using a Hughes and Kettner Rhotosphere but I read that in the studio he tried a lot of different leslie type pedals and eventually just brought it one of his leslies.

Back
Top Bottom