New and free! Re-captured Carvin Legacy VL212 G12M CabPack – RNDI version

Per, I just want to take the opportunity to thank you yet again for this. I am normally picky with IRs, but you have outdone yourself man. I was playing with these again tonight and have discovered a combination that I absolutely adore for my Telecaster. Finally! I have always had trouble with this particular guitar and the AxeFX. I think I have finally found 'my' tone for this Tele.

TG12 01c_L paired with SM57 01A_R + USA Clean + Telecaster with flatwound 12's = jazz heaven.

Sorry if I rambled, I am tired as hell. Thank you again, my friend. Keep up the good work! I hope you get some more recognition around here, you certainly deserve it. This and the Justin York collection from Ownhammer are my absolute favorites. Now I just need to experiment with the Trace Elliot pack some more.

Per, I just want to take the opportunity to thank you yet again for this. I am normally picky with IRs, but you have outdone yourself man. I was playing with these again tonight and have discovered a combination that I absolutely adore for my Telecaster. Finally! I have always had trouble with this particular guitar and the AxeFX. I think I have finally found 'my' tone for this Tele.

TG12 01c_L paired with SM57 01A_R + USA Clean + Telecaster with flatwound 12's = jazz heaven.

Sorry if I rambled, I am tired as hell. Thank you again, my friend. Keep up the good work! I hope you get some more recognition around here, you certainly deserve it. This and the Justin York collection from Ownhammer are my absolute favorites. Now I just need to experiment with the Trace Elliot pack some more.

Awesome! You're very welcome :)
Really glad you have found "your" tone in my CabPack.
It takes time,money and some proper skills to make these, so positive reactions like yours really matters to me!

I have often felt that my CabPacks have deserved more buzz and discussion...
Reviews and feedback like yours are important to keep my motivation up.
I will keep on doing my thing, not expecting to be as popular as Fractal, OH or ML.
But, I would like to be recognized as a very good free supplement to the commercial IR-providers.

Per

I certainly hope you achieve that recognition, Per. I have played thousands (not an exaggeration at all) of IRs since buying the AxeFX and have always been disappointed, except for ML, OH and now you. I truly hope more people will give your product a chance. I will certainly follow you with eagerness. Honestly, I would even pay. Can't wait for the updated Rivera pack!

I have played through both the Legacy 1 and 3 with various cabinets and I thought it sounded great. Then I had the opportunity to play them through a Legacy cab and that really blew me away. It is something really special about the Legacy cabinets that I haven't heard with other cabinets.
So I was happy when the Legacy came in the Axe Fx.
But I just couldn't get it to sound the way I remembered, so I just left it there. Until now.
Your Legacy IR's makes a HUGE difference to this amp Sim. This is the way the Legacy is supposed to sound. I have been trying to achieve the Legacy sound a long time but just haven't been able to get it. So I wanna thank you a 1000 times for this. You made me a very happy man! Thank you!
If you ever come across a 412 cabinets I will be more than happy to pay you for making IR's of that one to.
A thousands thank you again. ☺

Hey Per
Thanks for these - not had time to check all but a couple out and they sound pretty good!... Looking forward to checking them out a little closer.
Keep up the good work :)

Pauly

I have played through both the Legacy 1 and 3 with various cabinets and I thought it sounded great. Then I had the opportunity to play them through a Legacy cab and that really blew me away. It is something really special about the Legacy cabinets that I haven't heard with other cabinets.
So I was happy when the Legacy came in the Axe Fx.
But I just couldn't get it to sound the way I remembered, so I just left it there. Until now.
Your Legacy IR's makes a HUGE difference to this amp Sim. This is the way the Legacy is supposed to sound. I have been trying to achieve the Legacy sound a long time but just haven't been able to get it. So I wanna thank you a 1000 times for this. You made me a very happy man! Thank you!
If you ever come across a 412 cabinets I will be more than happy to pay you for making IR's of that one to.
A thousands thank you again. ☺

Værsågod, Erik!
That was really good to read. Excellent review from a fellow Norwegian makes my day :)
And the fact that you have extensive experience with the Legacy amp and cabs makes it even better!
Thank you for your feedback :)
Per

Hey Per
Thanks for these - not had time to check all but a couple out and they sound pretty good!... Looking forward to checking them out a little closer.
Keep up the good work :)

Pauly

You're very welcome, Pauly :)
Glad you like 'em! Please report back when you have done some more testing.
Per

Woah. I mixed one of your IRs with the fractal GB 4x12 from one of the cab packs (since I could have sworn Steve used green backs live at some point) and damn. Precursor, I'm a huge vai fan. Funny enough when I saw him play in Crossroads when I was a little kid (in particular the bad horsie intro) it made made me want to play.

I never liked that amp sim too much but mix those cabs in stereo add some 80s delay and reverb then add the Keeley modded ds1 (someone had put up the settings to turn a pro co rat + a filter in it) and you have late 80s take no prisoners metal tone. The pinch harmonics jump of the guitar and sustain for days.

TL;DR thanks!

Edit:
SEM ds1: forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/boss-ds-1-and-keeley-mods.28975/

Vais settings I used taken from the vai forum. Found on the live in London DVD:

presence-6 (sometimes 6.5)
highs- 6.5 (sometimes 6)
mids -4
bass- 6
drive -7
volume- 4

Sounds surprisingly mean with a 7 string.

I might have to see if any one has a bad horsie setting for the wah. I own the BH ii but it would be nice to have it all in axe. Also have to work out some harmoniser settings... So much fun

Edit 2: after some digging I found references to bad horsie settings that were on the old wiki that don't seem to have been carried over :
forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/wah-wah-settings-share-yours.25934/

Anyone still have them? Sorry for the rant btw just a excited

Last edited:
Time for a little New Years bump;)

Thought I'd share this simple "real life mic setup" for you; Tul G12 on one speaker and MD 421 on the other.

Enjoy!
Per

Attachments

• PER Legacy 2x12G TG12+421.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 79
  • PER Legacy 2x12G TG12+421_XL.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 61
  • PER Legacy 2x12G TG12+421_XLPlus.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Per, if you would PM me or otherwise supply your PayPal email address in some fashion that is acceptable, I wish to support your efforts with a contribution if I may. Although I've way more than my fair share of Fractal Store, Ownhammer, CabFactory, Recabinet, Redwirez, Rosen, etc. IR packs, I've found your Carvin and TE offerings very useful. You deserve more than just "Thanks" for your efforts in my opinion. Kindest regards and happy new year.

Per, if you would PM me or otherwise supply your PayPal email address in some fashion that is acceptable, I wish to support your efforts with a contribution if I may. Although I've way more than my fair share of Fractal Store, Ownhammer, CabFactory, Recabinet, Redwirez, Rosen, etc. IR packs, I've found your Carvin and TE offerings very useful. You deserve more than just "Thanks" for your efforts in my opinion. Kindest regards and happy new year.

That's very kind of you, Sir :)
I did write a line at the end of the included .pdf regarding paypal donations. You will find my email there.
Thank you so much for your support!

As of now no donations have been made. But I have already bought two more mics (Beyerdynamic M 201 TG and Aston Origin)
I'm also considering buying an unloaded Zilla cab.
GAS has shifted from amps/effects to mics and IR-stuff:D

Per

Hi PerChr,

finally found a little time to try out your IRs (well, some of them). After we just got the new Legato model, I decided to start with this amp surprisingly ;). Since time was rare I just managed to experiment with the SM57 series. Using an alder body guitar with Ionizer 7 PUs I found a very nice sound with the SM57 03 L. I will continue exploring the other IRs of this pack for sure. Many thanks for making these IRs!

Back
Top Bottom