New Amps in 12.3??? Really? Do we need more amps?

Patzag

Fractal Fanatic
I totally thought that I was done with the New Amp thing. Had more than I needed, didn't know what to do with them. I use one to four presets per gig so how many amps could I really need?

OK. I'm proceeding to eat my words. I don't usually wax effusive but the new amps are absolutely, ridiculously and totally fantastic. No review needed. Just a preset with an amp and a relatively congruent cab will do it. I am floored and humbled. I did not know so many good tones could actually exist, much less co-exist in a small box.

My hat is off to Cliff and team. 12.3 really does rock.

Yes sir!!! Never in a million years could i ever do with this magic box without owning my own country or island.

Yeah... So... I don't even update firmware anymore. V12 looks really great though. I am on v9.xx with v8 modeling and I'll probably update someday.

Well, it's the constant updates that keep most of us (judging by forum posts) from buying other amps and effects, isn't it. And sure, it does start to feel like the number of effects are somewhat more limited than the number of effects. Just take drive pedals for instance, I'm sure it's possible to tweak existing models to sound like pretty much any drive pedal, and same as we have lots of Marshall clones, it would be nice to have different drive pedal clones preset, even if they are just variants of what's already in there.

The only thing I'd really like to hear, is the new HiRes Cabs... hopefully that's not something that's only going to go in the AxeFX 3... ;-)

LOVE all the choices we have and continue to get though...

I totally thought that I was done with the New Amp thing. Had more than I needed, didn't know what to do with them.

If you are having a difficult time with storing all that equipment, I know a good storage facility! (joke)
Personally, I don't think we can have "too many amps"
Variety is the spice of life.

Well, it's the constant updates that keep most of us (judging by forum posts) from buying other amps and effects, isn't it. And sure, it does start to feel like the number of effects are somewhat more limited than the number of effects. Just take drive pedals for instance, I'm sure it's possible to tweak existing models to sound like pretty much any drive pedal, and same as we have lots of Marshall clones, it would be nice to have different drive pedal clones preset, even if they are just variants of what's already in there.

I would like to see actual pedals clone -- for example .. 3Leaf Proton or an actual Mutron.

You can fake the effect nicely -- but it would be nice sot have the real thing.

Same with other pedals like

Wampler Paisley
Wampler tom quale Fusion
Wampler Hot wired

-- OK basically all of the Wampler pedals :lol

while we are at it -- how about the whole line of Pete Cornish Pedals

SS2
SS3
G2
P1
NG3

etc etc

I mean two or 3 of Pete's most popular pedals done right -- is worth more than the price of Admission into an AF2

We are constantly updating, adding and improving. This does not and cannot happen overnight.

I challenge you to find another company that gives you so much for free. With most (all?) other products you're lucky to get a single update after you've bought it.

We could've made a LOT more money churning out a bunch of derivative products but I don't believe in that philosophy.

Back
Top Bottom