New Amps day

Nice:D Think I,m going to pick up legacy 3 when they come out. Love the crunch tone in the Vai demo.Gave up on the 5150 mini,had money down on it at Daddy's music ,they went out of business ,then musicians friend waited months ,gave up .Congrads on your retirement collection.

If it's a good one, that Super Reverb is one of the all time great sounding amps. I have a 65 Fender Electric one and it's amazing. It's also really loud and room filling, so I don't get to use it as much as I'd like, but that applies to all of my amps since the Axe(s) arrived.

If it's a good one, that Super Reverb is one of the all time great sounding amps. I have a 65 Fender Electric one and it's amazing. It's also really loud and room filling, so I don't get to use it as much as I'd like, but that applies to all of my amps since the Axe(s) arrived.

It's a good one :)

Just got through playing with it. Awesome, Awesome

Yep, if I had a big place where I could just crank an amp (to 3 or 4) and front it with pedals, it would be a 60's Super Reverb.

Would love a Super Reverb or Dual Pro.... and a Cameron Atomica... and a Marshall Jubilee 2555.. and my Legacy head. Maybe a Boogie IIC or a III, Bogner Ecstasy, AC30, JC120, and a Van Weelden to round things out, and I would be pretty damn happy :D :D :D

So far:
Super reverb
Triple recto
Bogner xtc
Bogner shiva
Ac30
1976 marshal 1987 plexi
Ada mp1
Rock man sustainer

Want :
1965 deluxe reverb
Mesa IIc
Early jvm 800 and or jubilee
Matchless dc30
Old fender tweed

I have an original 65 deluxe reverb in the closet that was given to me by my next door neighbor (Fender studio Bass player) in 68. Only been used maybe 10 times since. What can go wrong with amps sitting like that? Was thinking of pulling it out but am kind of afraid to flip the switch without having it looked over prior in fear I could really break something. :)

I bet your toy room is looking quite packed these days Sean! :shock

I have an original 65 deluxe reverb in the closet that was given to me by my next door neighbor (Fender studio Bass player) in 68. Only been used maybe 10 times since. What can go wrong with amps sitting like that? Was thinking of pulling it out but am kind of afraid to flip the switch without having it looked over prior in fear I could really break something. :)

Not much to go wrong. I'd fire it up once and awhile to burn off the cobwebs:)

@java, must say the axe shiva patches have got me massively interested in one, are they pretty representative of the actual amp would you say?

I would pull the chassis from the head box (obligatory warning of LETHAL VOLTAGES!). Might need a bias check, and I would visually scan the caps for bulging, etc. Watch for arcs, and try to keep your nose fresh to catch any sudden burning smells. IMO, electronic devices require "exercise" once each six months to keep them... happy :D All that aside.. as Java stated: probably just fine :D And.. jealous. Sweet piece of gear :D

My brother had a 63 Super Reverb that our uncle gave to him when we were teenagers, long before I knew how special it really was. Unfortunately it was stolen from him about ten years ago in NY, along with a bunch of other gear. What an amp...

Back
Top Bottom