New Amp that Roars

slinky005

Power User
Angle Severe 1 with TAF Mars 4x12 adding null with a bit of proximity and add a bit of bright:
Holy Crap......

The ENGL Powerball was the first and only real tube-amp I've ever owned. Why didn't I buy the ENGL Savage instead? ...

Because 5 years ago, I could already foresee that some other Swiss guy would help some American dude with modelling the Savage in some digital device.

The ENGL Savage model is ridiculous. It absolutely breathes fire. I expected a really great high gain amp but what we got is just on another level of awesome.

Reactions: ALE
+1. While I first checked out the Rectos and Triaxis models, I gave this patch a whirl too, not expecting much: while I love high-gain, the Powerball model is for some reason my least favorite model in the Axe. I was amazed to find the Severe to have a super-tight yet monstrously authoritative tone. I spent about a half hour just chugging low-E with a big grin on my face.

This is probably one of the best updates for the high gain crowd yet. Haven't even gotten to the rectos yet with the Savage and Brootalz... only thing that worries me a bit is that the update seems to be causing earthquakes here in Southern California. To much djent for the faultlines.

This is the best high-gain update ever! I've spent most of the day (and night) playing the Savage, Triaxis LD2 Red, and the new Recto - they are all incredible. I have not really even touched the Brootalz yet - had to leave some fun for tomorrow. :)

I have a huge grin on my face from reading this :D

I've had my Axe for a month now, and I haven't even scratched the surface, and now there are new high gain amps that people are claiming to be this amazing?
1) Can't wait for tomorrow to try them.
2) I love FAS, and am extremely glad I made the purchase.
3) My life without an Axe FX now would feel hugely incomplete.

Thank you Cliff and the rest of the FAS team!

I almost bought a real Savage ten years ago, it's an awesome amp. Too bad someone just bought it when I was going to the shop with the money in my hand.

Last edited:
A friend of mine owns a Savage 120, so I know it sounds great. I've been waiting for it to arrive in the Axe, and I'm not disappointed. I find Powerball tones completely unusable, but the Savage is amazing. It has just replaced Das Metall as my metal rhythm tone. Thank you, FAS!

A friend of mine owns a Savage 120, so I know it sounds great. I've been waiting for it to arrive in the Axe, and I'm not disappointed. I find Powerball tones completely unusable, but the Savage is amazing. It has just replaced Das Metall as my metal rhythm tone. Thank you, FAS!

Powerball sucks soooo bad. Wish we had a Blackmore or invader instead of that mess.

The Savage model is a screaming monster. I'm not a huge high gain guy but damn... this one is a beast. I love it.

Back
Top Bottom