New Amp Models?

Stratman

I just got my axe fx 2 checked firmware says it version 7 BUT why don't I see the new amp models like Division13 CJ, Spawn Fastrod etc...?
I also don't see the new Zen Master & Esoteric RCB under drive block. Is there another update I have to load besides the axefx2_7p00.syx file?

Axe fx firmware screen under utility say version: v7.00. Axe-Edit says Status: Axe-Fx: 7.00 : ID=00 01 74.

OK I see them now. I was using axe-edit v315 NOT v317. I thought when I when it said firmware v7 it would have the amps and other goodies. Didn't know they came from the axe-edit program.

Thanks!!

Just know, if there is a firmware update on the axefx, you will not see the new features in axedit until it updated to a new version.

OK I see them now. I was using axe-edit v315 NOT v317. I thought when I when it said firmware v7 it would have the amps and other goodies. Didn't know they came from the axe-edit program.

Thanks!!
They are there and *do not come from Axe-Edit*. If you select an amp in the v7 amp block on the Axe-II the new amps are in the list, you scroll 'til find them.

However, unless you run AxeEdit 317, you will not see those listed under the amp block as AxeEdit maintains a corresponding list of Amps in its config, and those were not updated in 315.

So, this has never made complete sense to me.....the trailing Axe-Edit version that needs updates for a new firmware version.

Is it not possible for Axe-Edit to read the list of Amps from the Axe-Fx II as well as their configurable parameters?

So, this has never made complete sense to me.....the trailing Axe-Edit version that needs updates for a new firmware version.

Is it not possible for Axe-Edit to read the list of Amps from the Axe-Fx II as well as their configurable parameters?

That would represent a lot of parameters just for amps.
Then why not for the other blocks and their parameters...
Axe-Edit would have a hard time figuring how to display everything if it has to adapt itself for several firmware versions and without knowing the details in advance.

By the way, I agree, making the Axe-Fx able to list everything would be a very good feature for all kind of "non official" editors, tools, controllers etc.

Yeah it would be a lot of stuff but it could get far with just receiving a list of parameters, their type, and their range.

Not suggesting it would work for everything but the basic amp screen and amp types being dynamic would minimize a lot of the questions that occur after a firmware update.

Might also help incubate alternative editor implementations but that may not be desirablem for fractal

The Axe-FX keeps all that information within the firmware, but not in a human meaningful way. In order to get the names of the various knobs/pulldowns/switches etc., Axe-Edit has it's own database that cross references the Axe-FX binary data and puts names to them that you can see on your PC screen and fiddle with.

Actually, the Axe-FX Does have the longer names stored within itself (as you can see them on the front panel when running through settings etc.) but you don't want all that extra text and data being transmitted via MIDI signals to/from the PC and the unit. It's slow enough as it is without bogging things down further when you choose a preset.

Additionally, Axe-Edit needs to know WHERE on the PC screen to put the new parameter knobs etc. and it can only get that information from the Axe-Edit config file which is updated with the new releases to match the new firmware.

Back
Top Bottom