New amp day Mesa Boogie Mkiic+ combo

javajunkie

I haven't had a chance to fire her up yet, but my wife is about to gu run some errands :)

20130907_092609.jpg

20130907_092621.jpg

fired her up. Works great. I need to learn a lot about the amp in order to get control of the amp. Right now it is pretty muddy but everything so interactive with the amp.

Sean,

What do you use the Eventide for?

The Eclipse is for a couple a presets that have has CPU overloads. It is used for the reverbs on those, plus I like the formant on the eclpise. I used to have the H8000 in the rack but it was overkill and everything I used it for live was in the eclipse so that is for studio effects and an A/D converter now.

Those are good amps, but the combo cab sounds boxy to me, plug it into a 4x12 cab and i think you'll be very happy! :)

Looks really clean good luck with it!
By any chance did you pull the chassis and inspect the gut's?

John

Very nice!! I had a Mark IIb, which is a different beast. Had great clean and pretty good lead sounds, but not quite as good on rhythm. Not quite in the ballpark of the legendary IIC+, but it was still a great amp.

I agree with the recommendation to fire it up through a cab to get a less flubby sound. I used to use both the combo box and the cab frequently on stage back in the late 80s-early 90s. Sounded really huge. Mine was the natural wood cabinet too, which I think increased the resale value a bit when I finally sold it. (Kept it until about 3-4 years ago when I realized I was only using my Axe-FX Ultra and decided I may never get a chance to crank it the way it likes to be cranked.)

Java,
uhh..i'm going to need your street address. I'll be the next Texan you see on your doorstep with a gig bag over one shoulder and a sleeping bag over the other.
You may need to purchase an abundance of paper towels for my visit...i'll most likely start slobbering uncontrollably when I walk in your gear room.....

fired her up. Works great. I need to learn a lot about the amp in order to get control of the amp. Right now it is pretty muddy but everything so interactive with the amp.

That's pre-gain tone stack for you. Keep that bass below 4, and add it back in on post-gain GEQ. If you can find a PDF of a manual, Mesa usually has great tips on how to dial things in, and their Mark amps tend need those tips more than others.

Back
Top Bottom