New amp day! Just arrived.

javajunkie

101_0215.jpg

Can't wait to get home and open it up!

Which sounds remarkably close to the one I have :)
Been playing with it for about an hour. Awesome amp. The Axe-fx is REALLY close.

That is great to hear the AFII is so close. Regardless, I understand the nostalgia of glowing glass and tolex covered cabs.

I do think it's cool that even the Axe Fx moderators are still geeked about tube gear and great amps. Further proof no one is ragging on tube amps, we just used to have a hard time carrying 70 of them to a gig. Nice amp!

Remain calm and play the crap out of that bad boy!!! Nothing like adding another pony to the Marshall end of the stable; Congrats Java!!

Further proof no one is ragging on tube amps
I don't rag on 'em but I don't have much use for 'em, personally. In all my personal use cases, the modeler meets the requirements better. I do sometimes miss the tone of my old Two Rock and wish the was a Zendrive somewhere in that magic box but I can't imagine going back to tubes.

I do understand the visceral pleasure of playing a cranked tube amp but I have too many people in the house and I'm trying to preserve what hearing I have left. :(

I do think it's cool that even the Axe Fx moderators are still geeked about tube gear and great amps. Further proof no one is ragging on tube amps, we just used to have a hard time carrying 70 of them to a gig. Nice amp!

Agreed. I LOVE to play as many high-end tube amps as I can get my grubby little paws on. Not only is it just great fun, but I think it gives me a good tonal reference for when I'm dialing stuff in. I like to really sit, play, and tweak on the real deal so I have a sense of what it actually sounds like.

Semi-related story: The other day, my friend's guitar shop had some reps in from an amp company in the twin cities. They brought with them some amazing JCM800 and JT45 clones with a 2x12 cab with Scumbacks. There were about 5 or 6 of us that sat there for hours taking turns with these things while the builder was tweaking knobs for each person. It was so much fun! I love tube amps, but as you say, I don't want to haul tons of them to gigs.

Back
Top Bottom