New Amp and Microphone day

javajunkie

SDC13199_zps13bd020d.jpg

R121-xlarge.jpg

I've been wanting a R121 for a long time. I found a great deal on a used one in perfect condition.

EHV III - has a sweet lead channel. Green channel is really bland though.

Judging from the Axe-Fx, I thought the green channel was pretty cool. So, not in real?

And the R121, always believed it produced extended highs and lows. But the R121 in the Producer Pack is pretty dark. How's yours?

Judging from the Axe-Fx, I thought the green channel was pretty cool. So, not in real?

Its pretty bland compared to some of my other mult-channel amps (like the Shiva, Ecstasy, Triple Recto). I was playing it through a V30, maybe another cab would be better.

I don't wish to further de-rail the thread, but I haven't found the Producer's Packs anywhere. Even the wiki just talks about them.

Its pretty bland compared to some of my other mult-channel amps (like the Shiva, Ecstasy, Triple Recto). I was playing it through a V30, maybe another cab would be better.

I highly recommend trying it with a 5150III 4x12. Mine sounds pretty good through my Recto cab and an Engl cab I recently tried, but it sounds MUCH better through the matching cab. I've heard & read this from others as well. It would seem V30s are not the best match for this particular amp...

Last edited:
5150 III is designed for G12H30s. Sufficient supply of those among the stock cabs: several RW, H75, 4x12 30w Ultra.

You're right; it's not clear where to find them on Fractal's web site. Check out shop.fractalaudio.com.

Ah, I see how to get there. You have to go through the 'purchase an Axe' page. Kinda wonky. Twenty bucks looks like a great deal. (I don't think I'd use any in Vol. 1, though.)

5150 III is designed for G12H30s. Sufficient supply of those among the stock cabs: several RW, H75, 4x12 30w Ultra.

Hmmm. Last night I tried a bunch of the Mix IRs. The Bastketweave AX was pretty decent. The PVH6160 Mix IR sounds stuffy. Eww. I still like the Ultra best.

Sweet mic. Still on my wish list. At the moment, we have a Blue Woodpecker active ribbon mic that sounds really damn good on any unamplified instrument. (Particularly acoustic guitar and saxophone.) Haven't tried it on electric guitar yet. I'd love to shoot it out with the Royer to hear the differences and see what (if anything) I'm missing. Oh, nice amp too. :)

Back
Top Bottom