New Alice in Chains

Yeah, Layne and Jerry's vocal harmonies were magical. Their voices blended together in such an awesome way. Black Gives Way to Blue was a good album though too.

Lots of love flowing for it but I don’t care for it personally. The Layne comparison will never die. Hope it’s not the strongest song on the cd.

I definitely liked Layne. That said, as sacrilegious as my opinion comes off, I think the new stuff is better. To me, the new singer does Layne better than Layne did. More, I think their songwriting has improved - Black Gives Way To Blue is by far their strongest and most consistent album IMO.

I'm digging it. They obviously had to change after the loss of Layne, but they've grown as a band and all their post Layne albums have been great. Looking forward to the new album and tour.

No one will ever replace Layne.... I think they should change the name of the band to the Jerry Cantrell project.... it will never be AIC again without Layne, his voice was one of a kind and blended with Jerrys like no one elses ever will. Layne was all the real magic in that band. Same thing with Scot Weiland, Scot made the music magic.

I saw AIC open up for GNRs first reunion show in Vegas, watching AIC without Layne was like watching a cover band do AIC, Jerry was OK, but the magic was all in Layne, and he's gone, so is the magic. I'll just stick to the old CDs and videos of them with Layne, I have no interest in anything Jerry and the rest of the band ever do.

You should check out this show, this is the most amazing Scott Weiland show EVER and it wasn't even long before he died, his new music his new songs here were awesome. It's not AIC, but if you like AIC you most likely listen to STP as well... check it out

Great tune! Not to hijack things, but I was never able to figure out that weird lick in the middle .YouTube and Google haven't helped .

qvx3WtH.png

Unmistakably AIC. Kudo's to them for having the courage to carry on and continue to grow after such a tragedy.

I would bet money they understand the sentiments expressed regarding post Layne AIC and have had to make some difficult decisions in deciding to move forward with maintaining the vocal "theme" that was established with Layne.

Back
Top Bottom