New album Tribulations done with Fractal gear!

Danny Danzi

Power User
Hey guys,

I hope this is acceptable to post here. Been working on this album a very long time and wanted to share it with you now that it's done. I know my Fractal gear is old and ancient, but this is currently released world wide with a record label (Escape Music UK) and all the guitars and basses were recorded with my XL+ and my AX8.

Here are links if you guys are interested in checking it out. It's me playing all instruments, singing, mixing and mastering. Please forgive me if this is against the rules or please move it if it's in the wrong place.

Thanks to Matt and Cliff for the gear to make this possible. I gave you guys a thank you on the album credits. Here are the links!

Amazon: Amazon product ASIN B09CLVY4B1
iTunes:

The Music Shop: http://ww12.aitsafe.com/cf/add.cfm?...rice=9.99&qty=1&return=www.the-music-shop.net

Spotify:

YouTube:

Pandora: https://www.pandora.com/artist/danny-danzi-guy-defalco-and-joe-defalco/ARrKPttPm5qbx3V

Love the guitar playing, the tone and your mixing! Sounds really good!

Are you using the last firmware version of the axe fx ii for these tones or some of the prior versions? Is it a plexi model or a jcm 800 that's being used for your rhythm and lead tones?

Love the guitar playing, the tone and your mixing! Sounds really good!

Are you using the last firmware version of the axe fx ii for these tones or some of the prior versions? Is it a plexi model or a jcm 800 that's being used for your rhythm and lead tones?
Thank you!! I toggle between FW Q2.0 to Q4.0. They always had what I was looking for.

The AX8 uses the latest FW and all the basses and some of the clean guitars were done with it.

Main rhythm sound on the XL+ is the 800 MOD with my own cab impulses for rhythm and lead based off of a 25 watt greenback slant cab.

Lead sound is the same with less highs and a bit more mids to warm it up a bit along with a different cab impulse that I made. I added a touch more gain using a comp block a little hotter on the output.

Clean and 12 string type tones were the USA clean with my own cab impulse in the XL+ or the Hiwat regular on the AX8 with 0 cab impulse. For some stuff, no cab just sounds fantastic.

Thanks again for the kind words and the comments.

Definitely did. It's funny, I just switched back to the Mod800 in several of my presets...I forgot how much I dig that amp model.
Even funnier, I don't think very many dug that amp but me and a few others. I remember Cliff removed it one time and I cried like a girl. Just something about that amp that I really like more than anything for my personal tone. The harmonics scream out of it and it cleans up decent when you lower your volume knob or use your controller to disable boost. That's how I use it. I do use other amps live, but that amp just helps me sound the way I want.

In the earlier firmware, it was just tighter overall. In some of the newer ones it sort of got a bit loose and lost some gain. The other cool thing about fw 4, it had the fw selection knob where you could use different fw right inside ax edit. I loved that feature even though it was a memory hog that eventually had to be removed so we could have future updates. But if you use fw 4, you can use all the ones before it to 2 with a knob turn without updating. Perfect for guys like me.

Amazing!

My favorite part was the bridge into the solo. Great stuff. Also impressive that you have done all the instrumental work with vocals.

Well done!

(Yes, the tones were great, but an artist makes us look past the tone to the meat...and you DELIVER.)

Amazing!

My favorite part was the bridge into the solo. Great stuff. Also impressive that you have done all the instrumental work with vocals.

Well done!

(Yes, the tones were great, but an artist makes us look past the tone to the meat...and you DELIVER.)
That's very kind of you, thanks very much! Not sure which one you mean as far as the bridge into the solo....there are 15 songs. :) Whatever one you listened to, thanks...and thank you for commenting.
Got the hook from 'Accountable' stuck in my head... 🤘 🙏 great stuff all around.
That's great to hear, thanks! They get a little heavier as you move forward. When I was recording them and listening back, there would be a new one stuck in my head every day. It's crazy as I usually hate everything I do. It's kinda nice to like a body of work for a change. Thanks again! You guys are all so awesome.

Back
Top Bottom