• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

New album, ton of Axe-FX tones

profusion

Inspired
I just dropped my new album, Profit and Loss last night, after previewing a few tracks here, there and everywhere:

Other than the acoustics and basses, all the guitar tones are Axe-FX II Mk. 2. Most of the reamps are from FW 6.03 or later.

This album has a wide variety of guitar tones on it, and I was able to dial up juicy tones for every single part with very little effort. I didn't even use aftermarket IRs. I've been recording guitars DIY since the Reagan Administration, and I can honestly say this is the first time I got sounds that I'm *completely* happy with.

My old AFX Standard got me through a bunch of albums, but the sounds you can get with the later FWs in the 2 are amazing. I feel like I'm playing in the big leagues with my tones now.

profusion

Inspired
Okay, I uploaded a bunch of the tones I used on this album to Axechange. Search under the author "profusion". The patch names are extremely unimaginative!

Let me know what you think of these. I created these to sit in the mix, so they might not give you goosebumps while auditioning them solo...

Top Bottom