New album, ton of Axe-FX tones

profusion

Inspired
I just dropped my new album, Profit and Loss last night, after previewing a few tracks here, there and everywhere:

Other than the acoustics and basses, all the guitar tones are Axe-FX II Mk. 2. Most of the reamps are from FW 6.03 or later.

This album has a wide variety of guitar tones on it, and I was able to dial up juicy tones for every single part with very little effort. I didn't even use aftermarket IRs. I've been recording guitars DIY since the Reagan Administration, and I can honestly say this is the first time I got sounds that I'm *completely* happy with.

My old AFX Standard got me through a bunch of albums, but the sounds you can get with the later FWs in the 2 are amazing. I feel like I'm playing in the big leagues with my tones now.

Okay, I uploaded a bunch of the tones I used on this album to Axechange. Search under the author "profusion". The patch names are extremely unimaginative!

Let me know what you think of these. I created these to sit in the mix, so they might not give you goosebumps while auditioning them solo...

Back
Top Bottom