New 5150 Iconic amp - A modern revisit to a classic circuit

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
EVH releasing a new budget point original Peavey 5150 inspired styled amp it seems. Curious to see if this is a hit or a downslide in ideas after Eddie's passing. James Brown behind this design who was the OG on the Peavey.

fast forward to 2022 there are emerging clips online with the 5150 Iconic. It seems to deliver well...the 5150 mojo. Thoughts?

While popping in the local guitar store for something else I wandered over and saw they had a brand new EVH 5150 Iconic combo 1X12 amp just in. I was told that i was first to even plug it in. Naturally I grabbed the EVH frankie they had as well. I don't know if it's because its a 1x12 but I wasn't overly taken by it. I much prefer the EVH 5150 III EL34 over this. Still a fun way to spend the afternoon.

Attachments

• EVH Iconic.jpg
    EVH Iconic.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 20
I just played the EVH 5150 iconic head yesterday at GC. Almost walked out the door without even seeing it as they had it hidden. I'm not going to say much, but let's just say I might be buying one in the near future, trying not to buy real amps is why it didn't come home with me.

Back
Top Bottom