New 18.00 Public Beta

As a young man develops, his avatar grows. :mrgreen

Does it? Does it really? Look at it now!!

His avatar ran out of hydrogen fuel. It's a neutron avatar now.
That's why it was so big a couple of days ago. That's what happens with big avatars.

From Wiki:

A neutron Avatar is a type of stellar remnant that can result from the gravitational collapse of a massive Avatar after a supernova. Neutron Avatars are the densest and smallest Avatar known to exist in the universe; with a radius of only about 12–13 mm, they can have a mass of about two Suns. 8)

Keep your guitar away from your avatar Yek. It may cause string pull of massive dimensions.

Last edited:
exactly!

i probably said this before, but in everything previous to 18, i would go crazy on that Amp block Graphic EQ to sculpt the highs, some lows, to make it sound smoother and not too harsh.

in 18, i literally set only gain, bass mid treb, and output level. amazing.

I agree, I have been tweaking for months and did two shows with the axefx 2 but was getting worried it was not for me.
to be honest i'm more of an amp in the room guy and never mic up cabinets (which is what the Ax is designed to do) after betta 18 I see a big change in the amount of time it takes me to get to the right amp and cab block combination.

Things feel a little more in your face and that has been what I have been searching for!

Thanks FAS you guys are great!

Does it? Does it really? Look at it now!!

His avatar ran out of hydrogen fuel. It's a neutron avatar now.
That's why it was so big a couple of days ago. That's what happens with big avatars.
That's not why it shrunk. He just heard that FW 18 won't be released for a couple more days, so he's not as excited anymore.

For me, the Twin is he best it's ever been.

Anyone else notice that the Fender Twin got brittle? I made adjustments to correct but converted patch seemed to not migrate well.

Had another show last night and dug back into the Fender twin. What I found was that in the prior firmwares, I took the graphic EQ and bumped the higher frequencies to make the amp sound more natural to me. With the upgrade to 18, I did not realize the EQ was still in the chain. After flattening the EQ, the Twin came back to life and does indeed sound the best its ever sounded. :)

Just updated to FW18b. Are the G3'd amps still indicated like they were in a previous beta? I'm not seeing anything..

Back
Top Bottom