New 18.00 Public Beta

Some people would look at this as an opportunity. A hole in need of filling. A void in the market, if you will.

If you mean that it would be a good idea for someone who knows what they're doing to shoot and then market some good 1 X 12 open back EVM-12L IRs, then we agree.
I've been saying this for years.
The ones already available from Red Wirez and Ownhammer are OK for what they are but don't really capture the true essence of these drivers IMO.
But not many IR marketers seem to care about these types of cabs at all anymore.
It's all about 4 X 12s or vintage Fender cabs or some flavor of boutique cab for them or so it seems.
Up until about 15 or 20 years ago, 1 X 12 open back EVM-12L cabs were pretty much standard fare.
They can cover all sorts of styles from clean jazz to fusion to hard rock.

If you man something else, please explain.

Not sure it has been mentioned yet:

Some new UltraRes stock cabs:

F011: Bludo Mix (replaces OH Blue)
F058: 4x12 TV Mix C1 (Ck) from Cab Pack 8 (replaces OH V30)
F059: 4x12 TV Mix C4 (Ck) from Cab Pack 8 (replaces OH V30)

Ohhh right on, just saw this now...I'm super curious to try the EV and how it pairs with various amps, and the TV Marshall cab you just can't go wrong with...

I am allowed to tell you Fractal Audio is planning to release this Bludo 1X12 Ultra Res IR and others from the IR session it came from in a future Cab Pack, probably Cab Pack 10. The Cab Pack will feature four boutique cabs I own.

Cool...I'm looking forward to Cab Pack 10 and the various cabs...especially the G12-65H cab since that what I have in both of my Marshall 4x12s and like 'em...

We're finally getting more 1x12's and 2x12's?
Right after I asked for them on another thread?
I like to think that my drunken forum posts are finally being read and taken seriously. ;)
OK I'll take a stab - How about some 2x10 cab IRs? Are there any Fractal UltraRez 2x10 cabs out there?

I know I've already ranted about this, but I really can't believe HOW MUCH BETTER the FAS Modern I/II sound - I already liked them, mind you.

But now... sweet jumping jack Jesus... you can really turn that master volume up on FAS Modern II now and it just gets meatier, and meatier, and MEATIER!

It's like the cab is humping physics on the G spot.

Went from 18b to 18.7b last night. Getting intermittent signal drop out. Bit like the cab or power amp sims are off type sound. Reinstalled just in case. All resets etc done. I'm chilled about it as I realise it's a beta etc and just lovin the tone and feel, but thought it worth mentioning to see if others have the same, am I missing something daft (it's not my cabling for example) ? I haven't tried rolling back to the first beta. But since I have no gigs for a couple of weeks as I said it's not a big deal right now.

Wow. Fooled me.
I thought it sounded very EV-like.
Live and learn.
It sounds more like an EV to me than all of my real EV IRs.
Go figure.

I don't see the WGS driver offered as an option on Bludotone's web page.
Is this a standard thing that lots of guys do?
Is that driver known to be a decent EVM-12L replacement?
They haven't been on my radar at all.

Joe - while we have apparently hijacked a FW 18 thread, just so you know, I simply lucked into it. I played my first BludoDrive (Ojai) with an identical cab and speaker set up in Austin Texas at a Amp Show there and fell in love on the spot. HERE was the amp and tone I had been dreaming of. So I ordered one and told Brandon "I want exactly this set up...just do white tolex and Marshall cane cloth" and put my 1/2 payment down... and a year later picked it up. So you'd have to ask Bludotone's Brandon why he picked that speaker, but it always had that vintage sweetness to it, and I find at least the modern EVLs I have played to be bordering on harsh in the upper kids and highs (killing some warmth), but admittedly with great if not superior lows. So bottom line, I just lucked out/followed my ears, and not simply what I'd read or seen about who used what gear...

Anyone been using AxeEdit with this? So excited to try it but I'm not a huge fan of the front panel ;)

Been trying to tell anyone that would listen that, for anything voxy/chimey/clean to crunchy with massive range and dynamics that the DC30 is THE amp to use. It's amazing.

And if you don't have the OH 112 Alnico Silver....I just feel bad for you. ;)
I'm really digging it with the OH LGE Bog212 blue back!

I also mixed that one with an OH HGE Diezel v30 for some meaner stuff. It's really knocking it out of the park!

The G3'd AFD Marshall sounds excellent as does the Splawn Quick Rod (I was using Gear 2). I was surprised how much gain is on tap with the Splawn even in Gear 2. I kept it around 5-6 on the gain and still sounds much gainier...almost like the Diezel VH 4 Channel 4 at similar gain settings.

Regarding IRs, the 1x12 and 2x12 sound boxier and smaller to me whether the real deal or as an IR. I guess if I were after a bluesy/rootsy tone, then I might gravitate back to them but I've fallen in love with the 4x12 tone of vintage 12M speakers with vintage Marshall grind as my main sound. When I need more gain, I look for some flavor of V30 speaker with a 4x12 cab. For IRs, the EN 8ohm V30 speaker from Ownhammer in just about any cabinet is my go-to right now.

It's funny but the AxeFX was the only way for me to get to a 4x12 tone that I liked...like my influences such as Page and Slash. I have rarely if ever been in a band or been on a stage where I could roll out real 4x12s with 100W Marshalls. The AxeFX and 4x12 IRs allowed me to play using the tone that I always wanted.

Back
Top Bottom