Nevermore Tone Tips?

Jono Bacon

Inspired
Hi, all,

I absolutely love the tone Nevermore uses. Here is a sample:

I love their main rhythm as well as their lead solo tone. Their rhythm tone seems to work well in thick chugging as well as fast sections.

It sounds to me like a Powerball or Savage, and I have got a tone that is sounding somewhat similar, but how would you recommend I accomplish something as close to this as possible without tone matching?

Thanks!

This godless endeavor for sure was, this cd was after it so a good chance.

Which amp and cabs would your recommend on the Axe FX III to get as close to this tone as possible? I know there are a bunch of recto amps, and not sure which are the best cabs to use.

Just found this, I stand semi corrected... he changed from mesa's and a Krankenstein on This Godless Endeavor, to this:

"When he tracked The Obsidian Conspiracy, he ran the guitar through an Ibanez Tube Screamer pedal and into a Special Edition Engl or a Peavey 5150."

I know it's dual rectos all the way usually but got me fiddy' sounding good on it.

Holy smokes, that is exactly what I am looking for. Is this on an Axe FX II?

I would love any guidance for how you achieved this, or even better, a patch. :)

Also, amazing work on that cover!

This sort of Sneap tone is the classic lineup - 5150 (use the block one), goosed by a Tubescreamer. Feel free to run lower mids on the amp, and don't be too shy on the bass, as the TS will pull out a lot. Run the level of the TS around 9 o'clock.

Back
Top Bottom