Never got the love for the Divided by 13 amps. What am I missing?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Lots love them in the real world and I have never played a real one. The models in Fractal have never done it for me and I just move on. How might one enjoy this amp, if he or she were so inclined?

There are a few amps in the Axe III that I don't "get along with" even though they are popular. There are plenty of other models that do what these amps are 'supposed' to do that I don't sweat it. No sense beating your head against a wall just because someone else seems to be having fun doing it.

Here's another vote for the FT37 Low. I use it in my southern rock/hard rock band, so I guess it depends what kind of sounds you expect out of it. I find that the clean and distorted sounds out of the same amp both sound ideal, and my OCD likes being able to cover all that ground with just one amp. Still need to redo my patches post-Cygnus, but I'm confident I'll still enjoy it.

I drop the bass a bit, leave the drive between 4 and 5, and then set up the input boost type/level to give me a good crunch sound when engaged, and a good clean sound when disengaged. I use compression on the clean and crunch scenes, more to smooth things out than to have any audible squash. For anything heavier than crunch or single note lead stuff, I use a drive pedal. I can cover leads and rhythm on rocking stuff like Cowboy Song and Honey Bee to Knopfler sounding lines just by switching among drive pedal, input boost, and humbucker/single coil. Maybe it's just the right amp for the pickup combination in my guitar, but it really scratches my itch for all the sounds I need for a certain type of music.

I've found my best results with the /13 using an external overdrive (always on) and using the volume knob of the guitar for controlling the gain level. It works really well for clean to hard rock, with some nice singing lead tones. certainly not a real metal type of sound, but very versatile for anything from clean to early Judas Priest type sounds.

Hate to say it, but with so many Fendery hybrid options out there, why bother with one that doesn't fit your ear?

So much other love out there.

Ron
It is not that. Dialing in some amps takes a different approach. I am not familiar with Div/13 and just wanted a little guidance. Maybe it will be same dud to me after. Maybe not?

Hate to say it, but with so many Fendery hybrid options out there, why bother with one that doesn't fit your ear?

So much other love out there.

Ron
why do you bother with these type of responses? Do you think you are so much smarter and he could not think of just moving on to another amp....obviously he thinks there might be smth to understand, figure out !!!

Last edited:
Some amps really aren't all that..

I do repair work on tube amps, and know others in the repair/tech community, and there's often times, where we'll look at some of these 'Booteek' amps, and find mistakes, major design flaws, silly things with bad implementation, or lazy 'Copy/pasting' of different circuits to create a 'unique' circuit. I wont name names, but there's some circuits from some of these 'booteek' manufactures, that are just plain mediocre and I wouldn't doubt that some of them end up getting modeled and/or profiled to be used in digital modeling.

Some amps really aren't all that..

I do repair work on tube amps, and know others in the repair/tech community, and there's often times, where we'll look at some of these 'Booteek' amps, and find mistakes, major design flaws, silly things with bad implementation, or lazy 'Copy/pasting' of different circuits to create a 'unique' circuit. I wont name names, but there's some circuits from some of these 'booteek' manufactures, that are just plain mediocre and I wouldn't doubt that some of them end up getting modeled and/or profiled to be used in digital modeling.
Would you be willing to name some amps with circuits that impressed you? I'm always interested in learning something cool and finding new amps to check out.

I have the real deal...master should be all the way up...there is no master on the amp....I do end up dropping low end as it is a "beefy" amp...it sure sits great in a mix though...I run FOH at my church and run the guitar players through it week to week and it is a joy!

Back
Top Bottom