Netflix Doc: Count Me In

Such a good documentary! Watched the first half only so far (my wife wanted to watch something else)...!

Really enjoyed the nice variety of interviews they had, so much insight into what makes a band sound like they do!

A debt you can never repay, you're done, in the hole forever! Any other day, any other movie...
Yep, I would have picked a different movie if I had the foresight to see how deep the hole was actually going to be! Our next anniversary is less than a month away, I'm scrapping Rocky II from the options list and taking her out for dinner instead this time.

Enjoyed the documentary last night (and so did my wife!). I was hoping they'd delve a little bit more into the nuances of what makes one drummer feel right, while another that is technically correct, can feel so wrong. But it was fun to hear several different perspectives about the craft itself and the primal urge that drummers feel to play. As someone who played for 15 years, before switching instruments, it was great to see the drummer take the spotlight for a bit. And it the truest old adage that a band is only as good as its drummer.
BTW, Cindy Blackman Santana is a monster player. VERY impressed by her, both in her comments AND in the drum jam near the end of the movie.

Cool! Good reason to sub to Netflix again. I found it increasingly ridiculous to have subscriptions
to way too many streaming options when I seldom take the time to watch any of them.

This is worth a listen after watching that doc:

I so underestimate him for years. I think a lot of it was his style and how chill he is.
It looks like he is barely moving, and there is nothing bombastic about his playing.
But damn it is so good and just perfect.

Reminds me that maybe it is harder to play less and play the right part for a song
than it is to overplay.

Started watching this; thanks for the recommendation. Fractal sighting at 5:30 - Stewart Copeland has an AxeFX 2 behind him. Cool!
Speaking of sightings, we were talking about the guitar tone on Who Are You a while back, and during that clip, you can clearly see Pete's EQ settings on his Boogie.

I so underestimate him for years. I think a lot of it was his style and how chill he is.
It looks like he is barely moving, and there is nothing bombastic about his playing.
But damn it is so good and just perfect.

Reminds me that maybe it is harder to play less and play the right part for a song
than it is to overplay.
For me, whether it’s a guitarist, drummer, etc., it’s all about the song. I can appreciate and respect virtuosity, but if I don’t like the song and how it all fits together I don’t care who is the best at whatever they play. This guy just fits what the Stones do.

I dont' drum but have a love for it and I often watch drum videos on youtube. Thanks for the recommend , will add this on my netflix queue.

I watched it a couple of days ago on a friends recommendation. I didn't really get any insights from it, other than seeing that dudes massive drum warehouse. That looked cool. I don't know much about the equipment though. When I can make some space, I had thought of getting one of those electric kits to bang around on.

Back
Top Bottom