Nephew gets guitar for birthday tomorrow...

Womac911

Inspired
Nephew gets guitar for birthday tomorrow.. (EDIT - He got it!).

My nephew turned 16 about a week ago.
Tomorrow he returns home after being away.

He plays cello in the school orchestra. Apparently, he's gotten some sort of scholarship for it. I think he plays a few other instruments as well, too.

He's been working to save up for an electric guitar, but it's been slow-going for him. He was hoping to have one by his birthday.

A little over a week ago, I packed up one of my trusty PRS SE singlecuts and mailed it off. A couple days later, I packed up an Eleven Rack processor... and mailed it off. I had sold it cheap to a local a while back, but managed to trade it back for every used pickup I had laying around that had been returned for any exchange. It was worth getting it back...(I hadn't touched it since I got the AxeII) Thanks for the headphone recommendations a couple weeks ago, too. My sister will get him some based on what you guys said.

The SE that I sent him was replaced by two guitars, the Heatley I posted about the other day, and another newer SE semi-hollow Zach Meyers.

With the versatility of the Eleven Rack, he won't need an amp for a while. He'll get by on some good headphones my sister will get him while he saves up for a speaker setup to pair with the 11R.

Can't wait to see the unboxing video! If she holds her phone vertically, I'll kill her.:nightmare:

Update. He got home. It's not the best of quality due to the BookFace butchering the resolution the phone films, but here it is, until it gets uploaded directly to YT from the phone's file.

I'll have to guide him through using the Eleven Rack. This is his first electric setup.

Last edited:
What a great gift! Providing musical inspiration to a young musician is priceless. You rock.

I provided headaches to my brother the Christmas before last. :evil His kids got an Ibanez Mikro, a small Fender solid state amp, and a small drum set. Maybe 5 and 7 years old?
I'm not sure if they're still banging on them, but I hope so. :mrgreen

11R is a great starter rig. Not too many choices to get a beginner lost and a great panel UI. There is a standalone PC editor available now too.

I started out using one of these running through a homemade tube receiver...

0112384_0.jpeg

That is an awesome starting electric guitar setup. Much better than the POS Peavey solid state I started with. I bought a DOD Hard Rock distortion pedal thinking it would make me sound like Slash, but it just made it sound like fizzier crap.

Kids today don't know how good they have it with the gear out there now.

Back
Top Bottom