Neo CLRs Are Amazing - Just Perfect For The AXE FX II :encouragement:

smcrosby

Power User
Neo CLRs Are Amazing - Just Perfect For The AXE FX II :encouragement:

I am absolutely loving my new Neo CLRs which are just perfect for the AXE FX II - I mean hand-in-glove perfect. :)

I got them last Thursday, but this morning was the first time I had the house to myself for a few hours and a chance to play them really loud - at gig volume - and everything just came alive in a big big way. :D

I that short time I was mostly auditioning the first 22 factory presets and cabs, after first hitting the the Andy Timmons AT Lead preset from Axe-Exchange (edited to add a parallel Suhr Badger 18 amp-cab path), a Pete Thorn preset and cab and Clark Kent's Gift To Mankind preset and cab.

:ugeek I did very little tweaking - maybe I kicked in a bass cut switch in and out on one or two presets - and I was just floored. Absolutely floored at how good this system sounds. I had these CLRs singing - rip roaring sustain that just would not stop - all the good aspects of feedback without the unwanted and uncontrolled squealing!

It sounded so good that I could not tear myself way from the first 22 presets which I soared through - one-by-one - for hours. For the first time I could really hear the masterful modeling that Mr. Chase has managed to bottle up for us. I could recognize the amp tones to countless rock and fusion records I listened to in the 70s-present, just from these first 22 presets. You should be very proud Cliff :ugeek you too Tom!

Well I have a lot of work ahead of me now - but somehow - I will manage to find time to crack open my brand new Ownhammer open back cabs - man that demo video sounded sweet!

Did you purchase new neos or did you do an upgrade from the original CLR?

New - this is my first Atomic product. I got on the regular CLR waitlist but did not receive an invite. The Neo CLR is a newer product offering and I wasted no time getting on the Neo waitlist. Did you sign for the Neos? They are relatively light so if you are older (I'm not old damn it) like me you will absolutely find it worth the premium.

Back
Top Bottom