Neil Young "Rockin' in the Free World" Preset - Q3.02

I was just trying to get my head around using controllers/modifiers today. I have attached screen captures of some pages; hopefully the important ones.
It looks like Scene Controller 2 is assigned to the input drive
It looks like Scene Controller 1 alters scenes 5, 7 and 8.
Scene1.jpg Scene2.jpg Scene4.jpg Input Drive Modifier.jpg Controllers Scene Tab.jpg

The cab "Moke's Free World" seems to have come through.

Update: I tried the conversion on my Mac with AxeFXSend 2.03.
From: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/neil-young-rockin-in-the-free-world-preset-q3-02.114210/
It dumped the tone match block (which was expected I think, left F103 TV mix cab) and most everything else was the same except the %s on the scenes:
Conversion from my workstation.jpg

I'm guessing you made slight alterations to the latest version you used which would explain the different percentages. Was your input gain structure Scene 1 = 80%, Scene 2 = 40%, Scene 4 = 100%?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply and the screenshots....It looks like some stuff got borked.

The 'Input Drive' should be attached to 'Scene Controller' #1.

Scene Controller #1 settings for the AX8 preset should be....
Scene 1....40%
Scene 2....0%
Scene 3....80%
Scene 4....100%
Scenes 5 thru 8...0% (not used)

The preset should be a 'Preset/Cab Bundle' and include an IR named 'Moke's Free World'. When you try to save the preset, AX8-Edit should ask you to select a destination for the preset and the IR?

The 'Filter' block should only be active in scene 4.

Weird how things got shifted.

"The preset should be a 'Preset/Cab Bundle' and include an IR named 'Moke's Free World'. When you try to save the preset, AX8-Edit should ask you to select a destination for the preset and the IR?"
It did this when I imported your AX8 preset, but not when I tried to do a conversion from your original "Axe-Fx ll, Mark 1 preset".

"I converted the original 'IR' and 'Tone Match' into a new combined single IR..."
It's interesting that it preserved the TV cab even though you combined the two into a single IR.

Thanks for the info and patch!

I made the adjustments and it sounds great through my old Tim Shaw pickups.
It looks like Axe Edit has scenes 1-4 on the top row and AX8 Edit has scenes 1-4 on the bottom row. Maybe that has something to do with how they were swapped around. The Scene Controller 1 and 2 swapping is a deep dark secret. Maybe @AlGrenadine can chime in.
Here is your preset exported from the AX8 as a bundle:

Attachments

• Moke's Free World-AX8-Cab Bundle.syx
    23.3 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom