Neil Peart's Rush drum kit expected to fetch more than $100K at auction

Toopy14

Axe-Master
Another piece of Rock'n'Roll history up for auction.

I sure hope someone buys it and puts it where it belongs....the Hall of Fame in Ohio!!!

"...the drum kit was purchased by Peart in 1974 from Long & McQuade music store in Toronto shortly after he joined Rush. Peart used the kit during his first performance with the band on Aug. 14, 1974 and was his main drum set until 1977."

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/enter...-to-fetch-more-than-100k-at-auction-1.5199886

Another piece of Rock'n'Roll history up for auction.

I sure hope someone buys it and puts it where it belongs....the Hall of Fame in Ohio!!!

"...the drum kit was purchased by Peart in 1974 from Long & McQuade music store in Toronto shortly after he joined Rush. Peart used the kit during his first performance with the band on Aug. 14, 1974 and was his main drum set until 1977."

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/enter...-to-fetch-more-than-100k-at-auction-1.5199886

I find it interesting that its only expected to get like 100k - when Claptons slow hand strat is expected to get around 1.5 mil....
Isn't this kit of equal importance ? Its just interesting how the vintage guitar market is these days.... I guess theres not really a market for vintage drums.. haha..

I find it interesting that its only expected to get like 100k - when Claptons slow hand strat is expected to get around 1.5 mil....
Isn't this kit of equal importance ? Its just interesting how the vintage guitar market is these days.... I guess theres not really a market for vintage drums.. haha..
Was thinking the same - 100K seems low

They put bullshit low estimates to get more bidders interested in hopes it bids up... so they put 100k on it, and they want it to go for 500k-1m

One auction house estimated the high of Zappa's main guitar the last 10 years of his life at like $8000- I saw 8k and I'm like 'that's a steal' and bid up the $1000 start price to 8k. Not that I had it- but I'd take a loan if I had to. And it went for like 80k

Back
Top Bottom