Negate function possible?

Reaper

Inspired
Hi There,

The tap function of one of my FC switches is assigned to switch on / off the amp1-block boost, via CS1.
I would like to free up this switch - if possible - by switching on or off the boost every time I tap the FC-switch of the active scene.
So when the boost is off tapping the scene-switch turns the boost on and tapping the same scene-switch when the boost is on turns the boost off.
In other words a negate function: "next state = not (current state)".
Is this possible? Or is there an other way to do this?

Hi There,

The tap function of one of my FC switches is assigned to switch on / off the amp1-block boost, via CS1.
I would like to free up this switch - if possible - by switching on or off the boost every time I tap the FC-switch of the active scene.
So when the boost is off tapping the scene-switch turns the boost on and tapping the same scene-switch when the boost is on turns the boost off.
Not at my unit, but isn't there an effect (block) toggle function available?
I'm pretty certain there's a channel toggle function, which lets you choose how many channels to cycle through.

Not at my unit, but isn't there an effect (block) toggle function available?
I'm pretty certain there's a channel toggle function, which lets you choose how many channels to cycle through.
Thank you.
Yes the channel toggle is possible but what I would like to do is to switch the boost with a tap on the active 'scene selector' switch; so a on/off toggle coupled somehow to a scene selection - which is the main tap switch function.
Probably such a combination isn't possible, but no harm in asking the fractal wizards roaming this forum, is there? ;)

Thank you.
Yes the channel toggle is possible but what I would like to do is to switch the boost with a tap on the active 'scene selector' switch; so a on/off toggle coupled somehow to a scene selection - which is the main tap switch function.
Probably such a combination isn't possible, but no harm in asking the fractal wizards roaming this forum, is there? ;)
Not sure I get you.

Any switch can have a hold action, besides its normal-press action. You could set the hold action for any number of switches to toggle different blocks on and off.

You could do that for switches whose normal-press selects a scene. Same with channel select as the long press.

Am I answering your question?

Not sure I get you.

Any switch can have a hold action, besides its normal-press action. You could set the hold action for any number of switches to toggle different blocks on and off.

You could do that for switches whose normal-press selects a scene. Same with channel select as the long press.

Am I answering your question?
I'm not a native english speaker so probably explain it not the right way. And should have mentioned I don't want to use the hold action 'cos need it on tap. Thanks anyway

I'm not a native english speaker so probably explain it not the right way. And should have mentioned I don't want to use the hold action 'cos need it on tap. Thanks anyway
But you also said something about a tap on the scene selector. That's why I thought you meant a hold action, because the tap action was selecting a scene.

Did you mean you wanted normal tap to both select a scene and toggle a block?

If so, @mr_fender is right, a switch can't do two things, beyond some specific exceptions like changing layouts.

In any case, changing scenes turns blocks on and off too, so toggling one block at the same time seems tricky, it would do something different if that happened after recalling the scene versus before.

I'm probably misunderstanding what you want and why. Feel free to clarify :)

I understand what you're asking about. And yes, it would be helpful if you could select a scene, and then use the same footswitch to toggle the Boost function. But you cannot currently do that.

If (number of scene switches) + (additional FC layouts used) ≤ 9 you could do this with layout links, with each scene switch linking to a layout that has CS1 on that switch.

If (number of scene switches) + (additional FC layouts used) ≤ 9 you could do this with layout links, with each scene switch linking to a layout that has CS1 on that switch.
Clever. You'd just need to have enough layouts available so you can have a different one for each scene you want to use.

Had to read it twice before I got the meaning :sweatsmile: but once I got it: smart! Gonna try out this one.

Hi There,

If I get it, you want to controll the "boost". That is, you want to controll the state of a block. (in a switch on a layout)?

If I get it, you want to controll the "boost". That is, you want to controll the state of a block. (in a switch on a layout)?
Not especially the boost but I want (or actually - 'wanted' - it's not possible as @mr_fender pointed out and as I suspected, to be honest) to assign a second tap function to one fc-button to free up the tap function of another button, which currently has the boost on/off assigned to it.
(I really don't understand how the FC6 guys n dolls manage to do with only 6 buttons ;) )

I really don't understand how the FC6 guys n dolls manage to do with only 6 buttons
Layout links, reveal hold, not thinking like I'm limited because some other product has something specifically the FC don't have. A control switch goes a long way too.

There's 9 layouts of 12 switches each. Utilize the other layouts and views and you've got up to 108 different switch locations to set up.

As stated above, there is no capability to have the "SECOND TAP" do anything different from the first tap. Nice nerdy niche idea though.

Maybe in the far future there will be scripting languages for everything. Until that imagined possibility comes to pass or not, let's be happy with the fact that limits cause us to work harder, which develops character. ;-)

"not" function can be used with boolean properties to switch state, but it fails elsewhere. "not scene 6": it's all others? None? A mix? ;)

I had a wish I think work best in this case, and that is the "alternative function". You set up 2 values, and the function let you switck back and forth. I wished it for scenes, but even for blocks it can be done...

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/scene-function-alternative.168512/#post-2024410

Back
Top Bottom