• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Needs To Be Asked: When are we getting more Drive models?

smilefan

Experienced
We now have 75 amp models (!), 68 speaker cab models, and
........23 Drive models!? Not complaining, but when's the last time
we got a new Drive model? The Bit Crusher?

Pedals are alot easier to come by than boutique or vintage amps,
and, I would guess, much simpler to model.

So many great Distortions/Overdrives/Boosts/Fuzzes on the market.
Tons of "modern classics" to choose from by Fulltone, Analog Man, Keeley,
Zvex, and a host of others, in addition to many vintage classics.

At this point we have more amps and cabs than any studio I've ever seen.
How about ramping up our pedal inventory next??

smilefan

Experienced
Fuzz! We need more fuzz!

So many cool vintage fuzzes with DIY schematics available on the web:

Ampeg Scrambler
Roland Bee-Baa (if you've never heard one, the most evil fuzz of all!)
Fender Blender
Univox Super Fuzz (my personal fav vintage fuzz - super thick)
Mosrite FuzzRITE

Last edited:

jb70

Experienced
yes, please for the love of god, could you add a few more drive pedals? we have enough amps right now. this would be a huge plus for those of us that are using our axe II's as a virtual pedalboard in front of an amp. pretty please cliff :)

DonPetersen

Fractal Fanatic
the reason is quite simple I think. If a pedal is just a slight variation of one already existing in the Axe threre won't be a new sim. And there shouldn't be.
Cliff openend up the drive sims quite a bit, with the controls present plus a PEQ or two, you could for exsample capture the whole Tube Screamer dynasty in all it's variations.

Fuzz. Yes, much more interesting since the circuits are more unconventional. A Secret Seasons Snowdrift would be a welcome addition, also a Foxx Tone Machine.
although I have one here and it might be possible to get a few settings cloned for the Axe.

point is: the drive (and amp) sims shouldn't get redundant just to satisfy some kind of update GAS.

Last edited:

shasha

Fractal Fanatic
the reason is quite simple I think. If a pedal is just a slight variation of one already existing in the Axe threre won't be a new sim. And there shouldn't be.
Cliff openend up the drive sims quite a bit, with the controls present plus a PEQ or two, you could for exsample capture the whole Tube Screamer dynasty in all it's variations.

Fuzz. Yes, much more interesting since the cicuits are more unconventional. A Secret Seasons Snowdrift would be a welcome addition, also a Foxx Tone Machine.
although I have one here and it might be possible to get a few settings cloned for the Axe.

point is: the drive (and amp) sims shouldn't get redundant just to satisfy some kind of update GAS.
That's what I thought. I mean if we start talking about overdrive pedals they're almost all based on the tube screamer for the most part and if you start changing the diode types and all the tone stuff I think that you can get pretty close to a lot of these tones. I remember specifically that someone came up with his version of the zendrive and shared his settings for the Ultra and whether it was dead on didn't matter to me, I thought that it sounded great.

Of course I'm still at the early stages here with the II and am still focusing on just the amps and cabs for the most part. Still got that new AxeFXII smell to it.

With all that said I definitely wouldn't complain about some new pedals, especially if someone can use them. I'm just curious to see what we could do with what we got on hand right now.

jb70

Experienced
With all that said I definitely wouldn't complain about some new pedals, especially if someone can use them. I'm just curious to see what we could do with what we got on hand right now.
i only use about 4 of the present drive pedals in the axe II right now. i've had some success in stacking them- you can get a lot of nice sounds that way. that said, there are a few pedals that i've had in the past that i haven't been able to replicate... yet.

Inspired
This is a great idea if Cliff ever finds himself at a loose end. [Not sure if he ever does, mind you!]. It doesn't involve radically changing the Axe or implementing new features, so it's definitely do-able. Just depends if Cliff would rather leave that sort of thing to the users, as the tools are already there.

Rick

Fractal Fanatic
It was all gravy until he started talking, hence my nick name for it, the douche boost.
Classic. We should add that for the name alone. MA's Douche Boost. Almost as good as the Friedman Marsha HBE!

Top Bottom