Need your help Fractal Community!

I’ve had fractal ship to my hotel when I travel to the US, have they recently changed their policy on this?

Hotels routinely handle packages for customers.

@Randalljax I can pay for the fastest shipping option. Do you think that'd make a difference?
I do a lot of overseas business. So my suggestion is, if you are legit, go to a Chicago bank with cash. Tell them you want to do a bank wire transfer from that bank to Fractal. You will have to pay a fee. Once they receive the money with all shipping fees etc., they ship signature required to your hotel. Of course you would have to confirm this with Fractal in advance. This is a safe way for everyone. And you can trust Fractal to ship your product if they agree. This would also be better than sending a stranger your money.

Yeah, about this.., I have a friend right now whose bank account is frozen and who is under investigation for money laundering. The reason? She allowed an electronic money transfer from someone she did not know to be deposited in her bank account. Turns out the money from this stranger was from illegal activities (I know, I know, hard to believe :rolleyes:).

So now she may end up being prosecuted for money laundering. With her bank accounts frozen she has not been able to pay bills. Her house is now headed to foreclosure, her cars are headed for repossession, and her credit cards are getting ready to be closed out (Which has been how she has been paying for food, gas, and electricity). She is also unable to open new bank accounts.

Whether the op is being honest or not, this is an awful big ask of a complete stranger. I would strongly advise anyone against getting involved.

Kind of wonder what would happen if the OPs profile pic were run through an image search...

Last edited:
@Tommy Tempest thanks man, I'll go that route. Do any of you guys have their phone #? not being able to find it.

@Capt Nasty I see where you're coming from. I'll be sharing a picture with the AXE FX once I get it, just to avoid you people thinking I'm a scammer :laughing:

Thanks again, lots of people willing to help.

You will not be able to reach them today. They are closed.

Go to the Fractal Shop and find the link to the “Contact Us” page for the phone number.

If you are for real, go to a music shop close by to where you are staying, and talk them into letting you buy an Axe FX from them by you paying for the unit and express shipping (to the shop), and them receiving the unit. From there, you should have one in a couple of days.
Thanks
Pauly

@Tommy Tempest thanks man, I'll go that route. Do any of you guys have their phone #? not being able to find it.

@Capt Nasty I see where you're coming from. I'll be sharing a picture with the AXE FX once I get it, just to avoid you people thinking I'm a scammer :laughing:

Thanks again, lots of people willing to help.

If you are for real, go to a music shop close by to where you are staying, and talk them into letting you buy an Axe FX from them by you paying for the unit and express shipping (to the shop), and them receiving the unit. From there, you should have one in a couple of days.
Thanks
Pauly
I doubt any music shop would do that, but who knows I guess.

I do a lot of overseas business. So my suggestion is, if you are legit, go to a Chicago bank with cash. Tell them you want to do a bank wire transfer from that bank to Fractal. You will have to pay a fee. Once they receive the money with all shipping fees etc., they ship signature required to your hotel. Of course you would have to confirm this with Fractal in advance. This is a safe way for everyone. And you can trust Fractal to ship your product if they agree. This would also be better than sending a stranger your money.
Due to money laundering issues a us bank will not wire money unless you have an account with them. I work for a us bank, so I speak from first hand experience.

Fly to Boston, drive to NH, pay cash, drive to Boston, fly to Chicago. You'll be back before 2pm if planned correctly.

Due to money laundering issues a us bank will not wire money unless you have an account with them. I work for a us bank, so I speak from first hand experience.
Not totally true. Only in certain situations will some banks deny it. The banks I have used, have always transferred for me as long as I had proper ID and filled out the necessary paperwork. Form 8105-A, etc.).

You could have the item shipped direct to a UPS Customer Center. That's what I did.
That is your solution right there probably or even the hotel itself. The UPS store or hotel charges you the amount they will pay on your behalf plus a fee so 'they' are ordering the Axe, which keeps Fractal happy, and they hand it, or ship it, to you depending on how quickly Fractal gets it to them. Certainly in a city as big as Chicago there is a company that buys items for people. Maybe an Importer (even though Fractal is in the states).

Still trying to puzzle this thread out.

A week ago, the OP makes his first post on the forum, asking for someone to help him buy an Axe-Fx. When asked about the suspicious nature of a new forum member asking for help with a purchase, he responds:

I understand your concern about my post not being legitimate, but it is at a 100%; didn't have the need to creating an account until I placed the order.
But the account was created ten days before that first post.

Over the next five hours, the OP makes a total of twelve posts to this thread, seeking help for a transaction that reads like a money-transfer scam. Then he disappears from the forum and hasn't been heard from since.

I'll be sharing a picture with the AXE FX once I get it, just to avoid you people thinking I'm a scammer :laughing:
Still waiting for that one.

Back
Top Bottom