Need your help Fractal Community!

LSDopar

Hey guys!

I've been looking for an AFX since a couple of years ago and now I have the opportunity to get one. I'm currently visiting the US (Chicago) just to get the Axe Fx III (I don't live in the US) and I'm staying at the Holiday Inn.

Fractal doesn't ship out to hotels and I'm in a rabbit hole right now. Would any member of the community be able to receive the AFXIII so I can pick it up, I can get you some extra $ for the help.

Or if there's any other workaround you guys can think off I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Hey guys!

I've been looking for an AFX since a couple of years ago and now I have the opportunity to get one. I'm currently visiting the US (Chicago) just to get the Axe Fx III (I don't live in the US) and I'm staying at the Holiday Inn.

Fractal doesn't ship out to hotels and I'm in a rabbit hole right now. Would any member of the community be able to receive the AFXIII so I can pick it up, I can get you some extra $ for the help.

Or if there's any other workaround you guys can think off I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
I would suggest calling Fractal on the phone and trying to see what your options are.

I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that your post is legitimate, but you are new here with NO history... So asking someone to personally intervene is a bit sketchy.

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

@unix-guy I understand your concern about my post not being legitimate, but it is at a 100%; didn't have the need to creating an account until I placed the order. I did try to contact Fractal and got the following response:

"We cannot ship to Hotels, ship forwarders, PO Boxes etc. Another solution would be to have a friend or relative that lives in the USA place the order with their USA credit card and address, then they can ship to you."

@Moke I know I should've visited somewhere closer to the headquarters, but as I was flying with my family we decided the location as a group. I would travel but I'll be here only for 1 week.

Thanks again.

I'm so desperate I thought about shipping it to a complete stranger who could help, that's where I am right now.

Yea, the part about having someone that "lives in the USA to place the order with their USA credit card" pretty much guarantees no AXE III for you.

Thanks @moo cow , very helpful!

I do have a USA credit card I can use, what I'm missing is a location where they can ship it to (within their security policies). Meaning, no hotel, PO or freight forwarder. That's exactly why I'm looking for someone who can receive it in Chicago, I can go for it and provide some extra $ for the help.

Thanks @moo cow , very helpful!

I do have a USA credit card I can use, what I'm missing is a location where they can ship it to (within their security policies). Meaning, no hotel, PO or freight forwarder. That's exactly why I'm looking for someone who can receive it in Chicago, I can go for it and provide some extra $ for the help.
It may be a problem that the shipping address doesn't match the billing address for the card. It's sad there is so much fraud that Fractal has to be ultra careful!

@notalemming you are right, didn't think about that.

Last resource: I can make a direct deposit to anyone who's willing to help so you can purchase it and I'll get you some extra $.

I'm located at Holiday Inn Chicago-Mart Plaza River North.

I thought there where no distributors and all purchases where made online. Do you guys know Fractal Distributors in Chicago?

I don't have the device yet and I'm already loving this community, thanks for the help.

Yeah I know that sounds naive and risky but as I said I couldn't be more desperate.

Risky for the stranger too, because you give them money from an account, they buy it with their account, and then give you the merchandise and you go back to wherever. Then a few days later, the account the funds were deposited from issues a chargeback saying it was compromised and suddenly the buyer doesn’t have those funds anymore and they bought an Axe III which they handed over so they don’t have that, and they have zero recourse as their FAS purchase was made by them and they willing handed over the equipment so they can’t ask FAS for their money back.

Not implying this will happen, but it’s a pretty common scam

I'm located at Holiday Inn Chicago-Mart Plaza River North.

I thought there where no distributors and all purchases where made online. Do you guys know Fractal Distributors in Chicago?

I don't have the device yet and I'm already loving this community, thanks for the help.
I meant, where do you live.

Back
Top Bottom