Need To Restart - Making an Uberschall Scream?

Like what you've got going there! Could you share your EQ settings?
Thanks man!
It's way more than just EQ that happens there. I use KT88, with a different bias than stock preset, different preamp hardness and adjusting Lo resonance on the cab section.
I still tweaking this sound, and not really happy with it at 100%.
EQ settings are really simple
Bass at 10 o'clock, Middles at 13, Highs at 14:30, Presence at 13 and Depth at 11:30
Bright switch in ON

But the most critical thing was at least for me is the cab IR.
I tried a lot of Bogner IR's V30, mixed V30xT75 etc... and wasn't able to find one that I happy with. So I made IR from my own UberCab with V30 and that was the first step to start go closer to the sound of my own Uberschall.
I haven't tried the one that Leon used in his demo. All the links are broken :(
Maybe it will do the job. But stock IRs or OH/RW IR's don't do the job right for me.

Last edited:

So here's my attempt after restarting. I'm getting closer but I don't think I'm quite there yet.

- Mids here are a bit too bright
- No real grind\snarl
- I've tamed the bottom end on the chugs (using GEQ), but possibly a tad too aggressively

I think it sounds good, but it doesn't have the aggression or "Fuck you" element to it. Suggestions?

So here's my attempt after restarting. I'm getting closer but I don't think I'm quite there yet.

- No real grind\snarl
- I've tamed the bottom end on the chugs (using GEQ), but possibly a tad too aggressively

I think it sounds good, but it doesn't have the aggression or "Fuck you" element to it. Suggestions?

Good results, but for me it needs to get more mids and less highs, and maybe more depth to compensate EQ in lows...

- No real grind\snarl

Oh, jesus! That thing sounds like a buzz saw.

Did you try my settings that I posted?

Aha. I found something else which is helping a lot.

Bogners seem to prefer Marshall style cabs and not necessarily the Mesa Oversized cabs. That looseness is starting to open up in a cab that moves a little compared to the super-tight Mesa cabs I was using.

Even though in some ways, the Uber reminds me of a Rectifier, it's requiring a fairly different approach. I'm also reading up that the Presence\Mid knobs react in ways that aren't necessarily predictable. I'm getting closer (and I'll post a clip tonight\tomorrow) but what I'm missing at the moment is a bit of the grind, and the dark sorta colour to the mids.

I've been increasing the Treble to try to coax some grind out of it, (Like in Azael's clip), but that's brightning the mids into the Hot-Rodded Marshall sorta territory. I'm boosting the amp with a drive pedal.

What are some tips\tricks to get some grind, without making the mids bright?

Put on some headphones and play with the bright cap setting. This really helps dial in the high end and might help you get your grind where you want it. I’ve noticed that it’s easier to hear what high end parameters are doing with headphones on and every guitar being different will ideally be optimized with a different bright cap setting.

@Moke ‘s take on it sounds pretty damn good to me
It's okay... It needs some final EQ, and I should have 'normalized' it to make it as loud as the YouTube clips. I would add some other blocks and a Solo scene if it was a serious attempt? I didn't use it in my clip, but I really wish that the AX8 had a 'Multi-Comp' block. It can really put the finishing touch on a tone.

It's okay... It needs some final EQ, and I should have 'normalized' it to make it as loud as the YouTube clips. I would add some other blocks and a Solo scene if it was a serious attempt? I really wish that the AX8 had a 'Multi-Comp' block. It can really put the finishing touch on a tone.
I think you need to finish that patch

I just gotta say, after living on this planet for almost 57 years, this digital *chit* is the bomb!! When else have you had access to hundreds of amps, thousands of cabinets, and a multitude of effects in a 2U space for <$2k???

I never even tried the Uber until now, I was missing a lot, damn fine sounding amp!

Reactions: DTS
Back
Top Bottom