Need to Hire Axe Fx Expert for Skype Training ASAP.

DFauvre

Inspired
Love the Axe Fx II, just upgraded to the +, and bought the MFC and expression pedal.
I am a singer/songwriter and guitarist. I need immediate instruction from an expert level Axe Fx
tutor to help me prepare the Axe presets for an upcoming album, help do a tone match, and get the MFC
set up.

Items for which I need Skype Instruction.
1 .Tone match and/or IR capture the pieso PU from my Parker guitar into the mic input on a Roland Street Cube Ex. It sounds amazing and I need to replicate this in the Axe Fx.

To date a Tone match was done (could be better?) and a few attempted IR captures of the cab (2x8 with 2xtweeters) and so far the tone match work somewhat to match the tone and the IR captures were failures, possibly due to technical issues.

2. Set up Axe presets for using both the magnetic and pieso PUs coming out of the Parker Guitar at the same time. This is so that both Parker PU systems, pieso and magnetic, can go in the Axe at the same time and have a preset designed to accommodate both.

3. Help me set up a new MFC to do do several different functions to be able to call up signature tones for different songs, etc.

4. Help me set up a new expression pedal.

Help get signature clean, crunch/blues and singing lead presets set up for magnetic PUs in Parker Fly.

Please have them contact David Fauvre at david.fauvre at gmail.com ASAP.

Thank you!

A+ for Chris ... for me, he has helped me immensely over the months...

and Carter Cooper as well...

Send a Pm to Scott Peterson, he does rig and set-up consultations if I'm not mistaken. You can do no better than Scott.

Otherwise Chris is a good bet.

Have you checked the vast amount of youtube videos and the videos @ g66.com and @ Chris' website ?
Betwen those you'll be able to set-up the MFC-10 and exp pedal in no time. Or buy te MFC editor from Fractal and drag 'n drop to set up your MFC

Last edited:
Love the Axe Fx II, just upgraded to the +, and bought the MFC and expression pedal.
I am a singer/songwriter and guitarist. I need immediate instruction from an expert level Axe Fx
tutor to help me prepare the Axe presets for an upcoming album, help do a tone match, and get the MFC
set up.

Items for which I need Skype Instruction.
1 .Tone match and/or IR capture the pieso PU from my Parker guitar into the mic input on a Roland Street Cube Ex. It sounds amazing and I need to replicate this in the Axe Fx.

To date a Tone match was done (could be better?) and a few attempted IR captures of the cab (2x8 with 2xtweeters) and so far the tone match work somewhat to match the tone and the IR captures were failures, possibly due to technical issues.

2. Set up Axe presets for using both the magnetic and pieso PUs coming out of the Parker Guitar at the same time. This is so that both Parker PU systems, pieso and magnetic, can go in the Axe at the same time and have a preset designed to accommodate both.

3. Help me set up a new MFC to do do several different functions to be able to call up signature tones for different songs, etc.

4. Help me set up a new expression pedal.

Help get signature clean, crunch/blues and singing lead presets set up for magnetic PUs in Parker Fly.

Please have them contact David Fauvre at david.fauvre at gmail.com ASAP.

Thank you!

I can be the man for the job. I used a Parker as well, and did all you need. Just drop me a msg. Take care!

gee, thanks.

No offence implied - on the contrary you were recommended by numerous forumites - including me - so dry your eyes and be a big boy about it ,-)

Nobody - again including me - is questioning that you could indeed help this guy set up his rig.

Whether you have the experience to make presets that are good for recording and not just gigging, I don't know - again no slight towards you, I just don't know your level of proficiency and experience in that area.

I DO know though that Scott has done rig consultations for the longest time AND that he ran a mixing and mastering service for years - so I know that he really know what it takes to deliver mix and album ready tones.
I know from talks with Scott and Yek (as we have beta testet IR's together) that Scott (and Yek) have very good ears regarding what is needed in a live/gig situation vs a recording situation - thus my absolute recommendation for Scott.

Last edited:
gee, thanks.

Rocket Brother's comment was a compliment to you and a (perhaps greater) compliment to Scott.

You're obviously trying to build a professional image as an AxeFx expert with the chops to help users of all stripes. You're doing an admirable job of it - but I fear this sort of comment is working against that image.

It was a joke. Jeez.

You're obviously trying to build a professional image as an AxeFx expert with the chops to help users of all stripes.
Not really. Maybe a year ago. There isn't a big enough market to support the hours spent by doing it. Last year I did FB marketing, Google Ads, had a scheduling service on my site, web store for my videos, etc. I got traction, but when it comes down to it, no one really wants to pay for help. And it's hard to keep yourself available and "up-to-date" for the few that will. So I now just do free things when I can.

I love the products and enjoy helping people in the little spare time I have these days. I made my website because I get the same questions and want to just post links instead of typing things over and over. The site needs to be improved a ton, but I don't have time right now.

I get private messages daily on multiple platforms and help a lot of people, but I don't always have time for everyone unfortunately. I average about 10-20 messages a week. I plan to ramp up my video and streaming help once the FX8 update is released. I also hope to get an AX8 and do a full tutorial series on my Twitch channel. It's fun for me to do, but people only want to watch for new information. So I'm waiting until I can get a ton of new things to talk about.

Last edited:

it might sound good, but you would definitely have an easier job tone matching to a good recording of a real acoustic guitar....and it will probably sound better. just my 2c

Back
Top Bottom