Need to Bitch! Axe-Fx all the way!

ps43203

Experienced
I just grabbed an eleven rack to tide me over until I get an axe and let me tell you, although it sounds decent and now has a stand alone editor, what a pain in da ass!!
Avid is a dumb as a box of rocks, the editor crashes in windows, the eleven rack is buggy as all hell, WTF! This company makes you jump through
10 effing hoops just to download the editor! I mean they can't take the time to work out bugs in a product that is almost at end of life!
Who codes there? Mrs. Johnsons 5th grade class? What a crock! I will be so happy to get an axe. There are so many people on the avid forums
that say the solution to all the issues, lack of features, etc.. is to just get an Axe-II, I say AMEN!! Anyway, Merry Christmas, and just thought those
that have have an Eleven Rack, thinking of taking the plunge, run, don't walk, as far away, from Avid as you can get!!! The extra
money for the axe is worth it, on ease of use, and principal alone. No wonder they go for $300 on ebay,lol. Oh BTW, Pro-Tools SUCKS!:roll

I guess there is still the one and only too expensive expansion pack for the 11R?
I was very glad that I sold mine after 6 weeks for about 175 euro less.....

As a Cubase user I totall agree that Pro Tools really does suck.
Avid have also brought Sibelius to its knees.

It's funny I never went down the 11 Rack road or the Line 6 road for that matter, I tried the Rocktron Prophesy for a while but that fell short when compared to real tube amps. I'm glad I don't have to worry about changing to something else, especially after reading about others that try it out.

I researched both the 11R and the Axe FX before I decided which to buy. I forget why I chose the Axe, but I think I'm glad I did--or glad I didn't choose the 11Rack.

i got the AXE for the FX. Sold most of my pedals to pay for it, then after I heard it I mothballed my amps. Never heard the 11Rack or any other modeler, now that I think about it. Except those silly tone things that are in the roland BR recorders.

My guitar modeling experience is defined by BA and AA. Before Axe and After Axe. I messed around with a bunch of different modelers when I got back into playing guitar almost 11 years ago. I started with a Digitech GNX4. I messed around with many of the different software modelers - Guitar Rig (which I still occasionally use as an adjunct but often for keyboard), Amplitube, Waves GTR, those included in Logic. I also picked up a Pod X3 to use on a deployment. Once I got the Ultra, I knew it was the only serious modeler in the game at that point. I haven't tried the Kemper and I don't really feel a need. I thought the 11R looked cool and the software integration was interesting, but I didn't see anything compelling that would match the AxeFx. At this point I can't see a device that's going to surpass what the Axe can do, but I'll be surprised if it doesn't eventually happen (not counting the eventual AxeFxIII).

Avid have also brought Sibelius to its knees.

Yeah seriously, I only started using Sibelius 7.5 a few months ago, and I get it to do what I want, but never before has a top-of-the-line software left such a poor impression on me. I can't believe how crappy it is for the price. :lol

I know exactly how you feel -
I also had an elevenrack and it certainly taught me about avid. When it was time to go shopping for a digital console, I didn't even consider the avid offerings. Who wants service like that?

Pauly

I just grabbed an eleven rack to tide me over until I get an axe and let me tell you, although it sounds decent and now has a stand alone editor, what a pain in da ass!!
Avid is a dumb as a box of rocks, the editor crashes in windows, the eleven rack is buggy as all hell, WTF! This company makes you jump through
10 effing hoops just to download the editor! I mean they can't take the time to work out bugs in a product that is almost at end of life!
Who codes there? Mrs. Johnsons 5th grade class? What a crock! I will be so happy to get an axe. There are so many people on the avid forums
that say the solution to all the issues, lack of features, etc.. is to just get an Axe-II, I say AMEN!! Anyway, Merry Christmas, and just thought those
that have have an Eleven Rack, thinking of taking the plunge, run, don't walk, as far away, from Avid as you can get!!! The extra
money for the axe is worth it, on ease of use, and principal alone. No wonder they go for $300 on ebay,lol. Oh BTW, Pro-Tools SUCKS!:roll

I can't afford the axe right now, so I decided to try the Eleven. It's Ok, I will say it is better than other modelers tone wise.
I have been at the beginning of amp modeling and vst's and played them all. For anyone trying to decide, it goes like this.......

Tier 3. Line 6, Digitech, And below
Tier 2. Eleven rack
Tier 1. Axe-II or Kempa

There is no middle ground, you either get mediocre or the best. If you think the Eleven, and Line 6 sound as good
or close to the Axe_II, you need to take some listening lessons. If you want a practice toy go for tier 3, If you want
a scratch track tune writer, eleven rack. If you want to make a serious album or are a tone snob like me, get the Axe-II!

Back
Top Bottom