Need Tips Using Looper Using FC - Hard Time Synching

Warrior

Power User
I haven't used a looper a lot in the past and I want to begin using it. I'm having a hard time creating a loop and then starting playback right on time.

I always seem to be a little out of synch.

Is there a setting that quantizes the loop or do I just have to practice nailing it?

There is a Quantize setting, yes. Chances are you have it on when you don’t want it on.

I made a video a while ago explaining the basics of looping with the Axe2 and MFC, and those fundamentals still apply. i talk about these concepts around 20:12 in the video:

Make certain your FC switches are NOT double action. At the very least Record and Play should not have hold functions on the switches. Not having a hold functions allows the FC to respond to the switch on press and not have to wait for the depress to occur to determine if you've executed a press or a hold.

Last edited:
Make certain your FC switches are double action. At the very least Record and Play should not have hold functions on the switches. Not having a hold functions allows the FC to respond to the switch on press and not have to wait for the depress to occur to determine if you've executed a press or a hold.
good point.

if there is a Hold function on the switch, the Tap function fires on the release/upstroke of the switch, since it has to determine somehow if you're holding or tapping.

i set Rec and Play to the Tap functions on 2 switches with no Hold function. i set Once to a 3rd switch on the Tap, and Undo/Erase is on the Hold of that switch.

good point.

if there is a Hold function on the switch, the Tap function fires on the release/upstroke of the switch, since it has to determine somehow if you're holding or tapping.

i set Rec and Play to the Tap functions on 2 switches with no Hold function. i set Once to a 3rd switch on the Tap, and Undo/Erase is on the Hold of that switch.

Ah, that explains why I'm running into timing problems if I use the "Play" button. I have it set to erase on hold. I'll move "Erase" over to another switch. Thanks!

Make certain your FC switches are NOT double action. At the very least Record and Play should not have hold functions on the switches. Not having a hold functions allows the FC to respond to the switch on press and not have to wait for the depress to occur to determine if you've executed a press or a hold.

This made all the difference in the world! Now it seems effortless to loop in time.

This should be a public service announcement ;) Saved me from going crazy trying to figure out why looper playback would not work properly. I had hold set for the play button. As soon as I removed the hold, it worked properly.

Back
Top Bottom